To be eligible for the 2013 Colorado Collaboration Award, a collaboration must:
- Be based in and serving Colorado.
- Involve two or more entities (i.e. nonprofit organizations, businesses, and/or government agencies).
- Include a lead organization (for the purposes of this application) that is a 501(c)(3).
- Have begun operations during or before September 2011. See the Award FAQs for more information.
- Have a collaborative structure, including:
- Shared leadership and decision-making among partners (i.e.,not a contractor/contractee, fiscal agent, or parent/chapter relationship).
- Shared goals and planning among partners.
- Shared contribution of resources from partners.
- Have a structure that is evidenced by a formal written agreement (i.e., memorandum of understanding (MOU), contract, or merger agreement). See the Award FAQs for more information.
- Have a written agreement (MOU, contract, or merger agreement) dated September 2011 or earlier.
- Submit the lead organization’s nondiscrimination policy; this policy must expressly include “sexual orientation” and “gender expression.” See the Award FAQs for more information.
Have questions about an eligibility requirement?
Check out the Colorado Collaboration Award FAQs or contact Sara Raab at collaboration@ColoradoNonprofits.org.