A Thriving Democracy Is Critical to Our Nonprofits’ Goals and Our Civic Missions
Want to know the benefits of voting for you and the people you serve? Check out the following information to help your clients, staff, board, and volunteers be engaged and informed voters.
The success of the nonprofit sector depends on having good and accountable government, as well as fair and open elections. Time spent on voter engagement empowers those you serve and generates votes for your issues and causes, giving your organization a stronger voice. And as nonpartisan organizations that reach many people who are not fully engaged in the voting, nonprofits are well positioned to lead voter engagement efforts.
The Colorado Nonprofit Association partners with NonprofitVOTE and the Colorado Participation Project in nonpartisan initiatives to expand the role of Colorado’s nonprofit organizations in engaging, educating and mobilizing their staff, volunteers, but most importantly, those they serve to participate in voting.
- NonprofitVOTE is a one stop voter participation resource center for nonprofits.
- Colorado Participation Project is a nonpartisan program that provides voter information and civic participation resources to nonprofits who serve politically marginalized communities.
Other Voter Information Resources
- National Voter Registration Day is an annnual day where people are encouraged to update their registration information.
- Project Vote Smart provides non-partisan information on candidates, government officials and issues.
- Election Protection provides information on where to get help with issues affecting voting rights.
- Vote411 provides basic information on voting such as registration procedures, polling station locations and ballot issues.
- Visit the Colorado Secretary of State’s Elections & Voting page for lots of resources on voting in Colorado, such as: