Ft.Collins/Greeley, Denver Metro, Pikes Peak Region
GENERAL: Boomers Leading Change (BLC) helps people of all ages and backgrounds to live their healthiest lives by mobilizing, training and engaging older people to serve as navigators, advocates and educators. We strive to create healthier, better-informed, and more confident health care consumers, and to improve access to health care for all, especially those who are underserved. BLC operates four main programs: the AmeriCorps Encore program, BLC Volunteers, the BLC Advocacy Academy and the Colorado Encore Network. All focus on cultivating and sustaining a sense of purpose among older people through service to the community and the economy..
The Digital Media Intern is a new position that will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to gain varied experience in the field of nonprofit marketing and communications in a fast-paced environment with a team of seasoned nonprofit professionals.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: BLC’s Digital Media Intern will be part of a six-member staff that leverages the talents, skills and experience of adults 50+ to improve the health and well-being of our community through volunteerism, AmeriCorps service, and community education. The position will provide the following marketing and communications services:
- Storytelling about the work we do through reporting, copywriting, photography/video
- Updating our website, including the creation of new content
- Helping to write, edit and compose our e-newsletter, The Boom Box
- Expanding and regularly updating our social media presence several times a week
- Developing collateral materials and presentations to support our recruitment, training, retention and community outreach efforts
- Assisting with meetings, events, conferences and other gatherings related to our programs and activities
- Researching and developing online resources to help Adults 50+ connect with opportunities to work, serve, learn and lead throughout their lives
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Required: Communications, Computers/Technology, Writing/Editing
Preferred: Photography and Video skills, Social Media Marketing Experience, Website management – preferably using WordPress and Event Espresso
POSITION TYPE/WORK SCHEDULE: Internship – 12 hours per week both in the field and in an office environment. We seek an individual who can make at least a one-year commitment, and who is flexible to work extra hours as needed.
PAY AND BENEFITS: $15/hour. No benefits
BLC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. BLC prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age 40 and over, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.