Administrative | Communications | Development
The Marketing & Outreach Intern is a community ambassador for the organization through social media, special events and outreach. The Marketing Internship is fast paced and requires a great deal of hard work, focus, and creativity. It is also deeply rewarding.
Marketing & Outreach Internship Duties
Marketing and Social Media:
● Assist with managing and growing Growing Gardens social media network (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
● Create and track social media content and images under Growing Gardens guidelines
● Edit and assist with Growing Gardens’ marketing materials, e-newsletters and apparel
● Edit press releases, organize and track if published in local print publications
● Research new websites, online event calendars or publications to market Growing Gardens to new audiences. Manage current websites where we post our events.
● Be an ambassador for Growing Gardens and positively engage with the community during all outreach events (some weekend work required)
● Prepare, maintain and improve Growing Gardens outreach materials and outreach exhibit at events
● Manage/increase new email sign-ups and enter into database post-event
Event Planning and Execution:
● Provide marketing and selective staffing support for Growing Gardens’ Farm Dinner, and other outreach events, event preparation and support for Community Harvest Festival
● Assist with fundraising campaign strategy, production, execution, follow up and donor acknowledgements
Knowledge and Skills the Intern May Acquire:
● Current marketing and social media practices
● Collecting, tracking and analyzing marketing data
● Networking in local community with press, agriculture and natural foods industries
● Volunteer coordination
● Conflict resolution and communication skills
● Gain skills and understanding of sustainable urban agriculture
● The ability to work in a dynamic team environment
Structure of Internship:
● Internship duration is June 1 – August 28, 2017
● Intern position is 20 hours per week. *Note: hours may vary between weeks; however the average number of hours per week will be 20 hours. Hours primarily take place during the week, however there is some required weekend work.
● Intern will be working closely with a mentor from Growing Gardens’ staff who will oversee all daily activities
● Intern will meet with GG mentor every week for the duration of the contract
● Intern will meet with GG supervisor every month for the duration of the contract
● Intern will report at Staff Meetings seasonally
● Interns will have the opportunity to meet with GG staff to learn about programs
Learning Objectives Contract – Developed within first month of internship. This includes: position description, educational objectives, learning activities and skill development.
Evaluation – A midpoint evaluation and end of internship evaluation will include intern self-evaluation, supervisor, and mentor evaluation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION INCLUDING A FULL DESCRIPTION, GO TO: http://www.growinggardens.org/internships