Administrative | Development | Programs/Services
SOAR is looking for a responsible, organized, and self-motivated student to join our team as our Nonprofit Leadership Intern. As the Nonprofit Leadership Intern, you will provide support to our leadership team and assist in our organization’s general administrative activities. You will also have the opportunity to engage with our clients. If you are looking for experience in a newly established and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we would like to hear from you!
- Organize and schedule meeting arrangements with prospective clients
- Manage new client documentation
- Provide general support to team members, clients, and referring agencies
- Schedule and send mass communication email/voice/text message blasts
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Administer surveys on behalf of the clients and the organization
- Attend any/all community events in order to connect directly with our youth and community partners
- Events and activities are designed to introduce the clients to new experiences, as well as specific client interests, desires, and needs. Examples of these outings can include equine activities, sports training, hiking, and community service opportunities.
- Shadow Community Relationship Coordinators to connect with youth on an individual level and understand our mentorship program
- Shadow Youth Educational Specialists to better understand our educational support program and connect with youth on an individual level
- Includes tutoring and remote learning support
- Attend team meetings
- Other opportunities to learn and grow as you become familiar with the organization
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English - Preferred)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from occasional evening and weekend work and working with challenging clients. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage their own schedule and complete all job responsibilities within a timely manner.
15-30 hours per week (1 hour of weekly supervision will be included)