Ft.Collins/Greeley, Denver Metro, Pikes Peak Region
Administrative | Communications | Development | Programs/Services | Volunteer Management
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Internship Description: The position of Special Events Intern with The ALS Association Rocky Mountain Chapter is a temporary, unpaid position for a responsible and compassionate individual who is seeking to gain experience in the nonprofit sector, primarily through event planning, fundraising, volunteer coordination, and office management. The Special Events Intern will get exposure to and will be heavily involved with the behind-the-scenes management and execution of the Walk to Defeat ALS.
The Special Events Internship is an opportunity to learn firsthand:
- How to plan a large community event
- Organize volunteers effectively
- Incorporate social media into event branding (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Communicate with event participants
- Experience working at a local non-profit
- Direct outreach to groups and individuals for increased event participation
- Assist with loading/unloading event supplies
- Assemble office mailings; Input simple donations into donor database
- Promote the events through various outlets; i.e. event calendars, local businesses, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Help coordinate day of event volunteers
- Attend committee meetings and take notes
- Attend and help out on event day
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements: Applicants should be able to communicate effectively through written and verbal mediums, and know how to use a computer proficiently. Applicants should feel comfortable on the phone, making cold-calls, soliciting donations and speaking directly with donors, volunteers and fundraisers. Extensive knowledge of social media sites is a bonus.