Administrative | Communications | Development | Programs/Services | Volunteer Management
Into Your Hands-Africa is an international nonprofit organization that seeks to empower rural Uganda through education and enterprise development.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Strategic Partnership and Events Coordinator will be under immediate supervision of the Executive Director, transitioning to general supervision after experience and training are gained. The intern will preform administrative and project-based work of entry level to advanced difficulty in an on the job training environment.
This internship is designed to provide a positive and practical work experience with an opportunity to grow and sharpen functional skills, and contribute toward the successful achievement of Into Your Hands-Africa goals and objectives.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Executive Director will assign tasks and monitor performance throughout the internship.
January 30th to May 15th with possible summer internship extension available.
10-15 hours weekly
Internship location: Posner Center for International Collaboration with an ability to work from home 25% of the time.
• Manage Volunteer Committees
• Plan and coordinate all event meetings with follow-up deliverables
• Spearhead event coordination including the development of timelines, calendars and reports
• Assist in set-up and onsite event management
• Manage all event communications including the solicitation of letters and phone calls
• Assist with the development and maintenance of mailings, media, guests lists, and item pick up
• Oversee and develop content for social media accounts
• Analyze donor demographics and donation patterns for every appeal and event.
• Maintain communication with similar organizations and provide summary information on their scheduled events and activities.
• Assist and support the development of an event sponsorship program by researching opportunities and initiating contact.
PREFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Become familiar with organizational policies and procedures.
• Excellent time management skills and an ability to work independently
• Self-Driven and resourceful with a willingness to ‘jump in’ whenever possible
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to proofread
• A positive, flexible attitude
• Passionate about international nonprofit work
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Important to have a strong work ethic and commitment to complete tasks
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate is an undergraduate, graduate or recent alumni with a background and interest in non-profit or event management, journalism, English or fundraising.