- Works in the accounts receivable system to process various transactions, post bank deposits, run billing and distribute invoices, analyze aging report, and reconcile unapplied cash report
- Works in the purchase service system to activate agreements, apply valid payments for service credit purchases, process check requests for overpayments and cancellations, and ACH request setup and maintenance
- Verifies and balances transactions and posts journal entries to the general ledger for both systems
- Works queue for all incoming checks to research payment, determine status, and handle accordingly
- Processes deposits to the bank lockboxes
- Prepares daily and monthly check inventory reconciliations
- Records journal entries for miscellaneous check receipts and daily cash transfers
- Creates deposit controls in the benefit system and accounts for employer contribution payments from ACHs & wires
- Maintains/updates procedures and initiates process improvements
- Provides prompt and accurate information and assistance via telephone inquiries and e-mails
- Cross trains within the department to provide backup as applicable
- Prepares requested information for internal and external auditors
- Reports to manager regarding issues with day-to-day processes
- Participates in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A demonstrated expertise in the Accounting Analyst functions that is supported by work history and/or education, equivalent to 1-3 years of experience
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with 10-key calculator
- Knowledge of accounting software; experience with PeopleSoft preferred
- Ability to organize and process transactions accurately and timely, with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and organize work assignments to meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Standard office environment with regular computer and telephone use
- Occasional lifting, carrying or moving material up to, and in excess of 25 pounds
- Must be able to work normal business hours; Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the employment application online at https://www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for a response to these as part of your application:
- Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think your skills and/ or experiences would make you successful in this position?
- When faced with a new task, how do you learn best?
- How do you minimize the risk for errors in your work?
- Describe a situation in which you discovered an error in information you received from another source. How did you resolve the situation?
You will be asked to complete a multiple choice skills assessment upon submission of your application. A link for the assessment will be emailed to you if you are unable to complete it at the end of your application. The skills assessment must be completed to be considered for this position.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments." PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy. PERA's main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play.
Position Title: Accounting Analyst - Accounts Receivable
Reports to: Accounting Manager - Benefits
Job Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: 2/7/2020 - 2/23/2020