• Works with Executive Director and Board of Directors to create, implement and expand annual fundraising plans to support existing program operations and align with the HBF’s vision and long-term goals and objectives.
• Responsible for development activities of the following areas: annual giving, grant writing and major gifts.
• Development and implementation of an annual Fundraising/Donor Plan which includes donor acquisition strategies directly related to community outreach efforts, appeal planning, annual giving plans, and donor management and retention strategies.
• Expands the HBF’s base of supporters by identifying new individual, corporate, and other funding prospects in the community for special events, Annual Commitment program and other fundraising opportunities resulting in significant revenue.
• Ensures that supporters are appropriately recognized and receive the benefits and expectations promised and continue to effectively cultivate, solicit, and steward those relationships. Design, prepare, and administer acknowledgement/thank-you letters for all funding sources.
• Implements a system to prospect, recruit, respond to, track, and follow-up on all prospective donors building a portfolio for annual/individual giving, planned giving, in-kind, endowment, and corporate giving.
• Cultivates planned and major gift-donor relationships through telephone, written (letters, invitations, applications, proposals, written materials, etc.), and high level of personal contact. Follow-up to finalize all donations.
• Manages, maintains, and oversees updates to CiviCRM donor database to track and report on all donor-related activity including the recording of income, event participation, in-kind contributions, sponsorships, and other participation in an overall effort to optimize fundraising and friend-raising opportunities.
• Provides analysis and recommendations to Executive Director on database information to ensure optimal fund raising efforts.
• Recruits, trains, develops and leads volunteers, committee members, interns, and others as needed to execute fundraising/donor activities.
• Oversees the Fundraising Events Manager to ensure successful donor and philanthropy connections and experience as they relate to the HBF’s four major fundraising events and the donors/ sponsors that support these events. All staff is responsible for attending and supporting Fundraising Events Manager at all major fundraising events.
• Ensures and/or creates grant proposals to obtain funding support from foundation and corporate funders.
o Researches potential funders and makes contacts with foundation staff.
o Produces status reports on grant writing activity.
• Manages development related procedures, workflows, and reporting.
• Coordinates planning, community outreach and execution of three donor appeals and annual giving plans, including Colorado Gives Day.
• Provides significant input in planning and is responsible for staying within the Development budget.
• Oversees and supports HBF marketing efforts in conjuction with overall fundraising.
o Creates E-newsletter—writes, selects photos, layout and sends current updates.
• Write press-releases as needed, collaborating with appropriate staff, board members, volunteers and/or community members for content.
• Oversees website design, maintain content management system, updates with current project and event information.
• Expands social media presence with the community, and leverages social media opportunities by updating content and increasing visibility.
• Oversees update and creation of publicity materials, including brochures, posters, trip fliers, trip donation packet fliers and stickers as needed.
• Partners with Program Director and others to develop Donor-focused collateral and messaging with assistance from marketing.
• Creates and implements specific outreach plans to engage our communities – those we serve, those who support us and those we want to expand to.
• Represent HBF at community events as required. Additonally, seeks out forums for spokespersons, ambassadors, and advocates to speak on behalf of the HBF.
• Cultivates relationships with appropriate community leaders, organizations, and businesses to support recruitment efforts within targeted areas to positively impact donor and outreach growth.
Other Duties & Expectations:
• Utilizes metrics to track, analyze, and report the effectiveness of the fundraising, marketing, and community engagement strategies.
• Provides regular updates to the Executive Director on fundraising, marketing, and community relations activities.
• Delivers all fundraising, marketing, and community engagement activities within budget parameters.
• Answers phones and handle correspondence, respond to email, address donor inquiries, schedule and attend meetings, and perform a broad range of daily administrative tasks.
• Contributes to staff meetings, support the achievement of staff and organizational goals, and interact with the Board of Directors on strategies, processes, trends and best practices. Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship with fellow team members.
• Other duties as assigned.