COMMUNITY OUTREACH & FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
As a member of the Development Team and reporting to the Director of Development, the position is responsible for the successful and effective grassroots outreach and promotion of the Crisis Center and its mission, including outreach presentations, third-party collaborative events, internal agency events, corporate relationship building and prospect research, and other duties as assigned.
• Coordinate and deliver outreach presentations and speaking engagements to promote the agency and its mission with a focus on increasing external partnerships and income opportunities; focus areas include Douglas, Elbert, and Arapahoe Counties.
• Coordinate promotional campaigns including United Way, school events, and community events/booths to raise awareness about the Crisis Center and engage the community in education and awareness of domestic violence.
• Participate in Chamber member activities, as assigned, to build external relationships with corporate and other potential partners.
• Oversee and manage third-party collaborative events and requests, following third party guidelines as set by the agency.
• Assist Director of Development with internal events including major event sponsorship leads, donation of auction items, procurement of entertainment, food, decorations, etc. and design of promotional/collateral material.
• Assist Director of Development with prospect research, donor management, and corporate partner leads.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; work experience may substitute for education
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule; ability to work some weekend and evening hours
• Be an advocate for domestic violence survivors
• Possess excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
• Friendly, outgoing, and supportive personality; ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and possessing good attention to details
• Strong computer skills; knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher or other design software
• Experience, ability and willingness to work with a diversified group of staff, volunteers, and clients
• Maintain positive relationships and open communication with staff, volunteers, donors, and the public
• Dependable transportation, valid Driver’s License, current car insurance, and good driving record
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds
Position and Salary Details
This is a full time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt position located in Castle Rock until the agency relocates to Highlands Ranch. Starting salary is $40,000. Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Amy McCandless, Director of Development, at [email protected] by February 27, 2017. No phone calls, please.
About the Crisis Center
The Crisis Center exists to end domestic violence through advocacy, education and prevention; while helping communities live free of violence. We operate a 24-hour crisis line and provide emergency shelter, therapy, legal advocacy, resources, and case management for adult and child victims of domestic violence. For more on the Crisis Center, please visit our website at www.thecrisiscenter.org.
Updated January 2017