- Responds to member and benefit recipient questions and general inquiries via telephone
- Identifies caller needs, researches issues, and offers options and solutions in a professional manner
- Understands, explains and clarifies PERA services and processes
- Understands and complies with PERA rules and laws related to plan design and benefits
- Continually develops knowledge of PERA and the retirement industry
- May participate in, or be assigned to, other projects and functions to meet business needs
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or education equivalent
- Prior work experience in benefits, retirement plan, customer service or call center functions, or equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education desired
- Strong problem resolution, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex retirement, benefits and insurance information
- Ability to maintain efficiency standards in a call center environment and navigate computer software programs
- Ability to work productively within a team environment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position requires the successful completion of a new hire training program. This position also requires successful attainment of either the Certified Retirement Counselor or Retirement Enrichment Program certification within three years of completing new hire training.
- Applicants must be available to work any shift assigned between the business hours of 7:00am and 5:30pm Monday through Friday
- Standard call center environment with constant computer and telephone use
- Occasional lifting, moving, or carrying materials or equipment in excess of 20 pounds
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the employment application online at www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume, cover letter, and any college transcripts available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for detailed written responses to these two questions as part of your application.
- Describe an experience when you had to adapt your personality to work well with someone else.
- Why do you think your skills and/or experiences would make you successful in this position?
You will be asked to complete a multiple choice skills assessment (takes approximately 25 minutes) upon submission of your application. A link for the assessment will be emailed to you if you are unable to complete it at the end of your application.
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments." PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy. PERA's main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play.
Position Title: Member Services Representative
Division: Customer Service
Job Status: Non-exempt, Hourly, Full-Time
Minimum Starting Salary: $18.62 per hour, commensurate with experience. An increase will be given upon successful completion of new hire training program.
Location: May be based out of either Denver or Westminster office (after completion of initial training at Denver office)
Posting Dates: 7/13/2018 - 7/29/2018