JOB TITLE: Director – Communications and Marketing
LOCATION: Based in Denver, CO office
RECRUITING RANGE: Competitive salary based on relative experience
REPORTS TO: Deputy Executive Director
NCSL AT A GLANCE:
NCSL is the nation’s most respected bipartisan organization. Since 1975, NCSL has been the champion of state legislatures. We’ve helped states remain strong and independent by giving them the tools, information and resources to craft the best solutions to difficult problems. We’ve fought against unwarranted actions in Congress and saved states more than $1 billion. The strength of NCSL is our commitment to serving both Republicans and Democrats and legislative staff. This is recognized in our comprehensive, unbiased research.
NCSL is committed to the success of all legislators and staff. Our mission is to
- Developing and overseeing an integrated marketing and communications strategy that support’s NCSL vision and business strategy.
- Managing the planning, development, execution and measurement of NCSL’s integrated marketing and communications initiatives.
- Managing and motivating a staff of 14 across Denver and Washington, D.C., and providing communication resources to the entire organization.
- Successful marketing for the entire organization, using market/membership research, marketing communications, branding and public relations.
- Ensuring the organization's message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences to meet NCSL business objectives