The Jeffco Schools Foundation is seeking a dynamic, proven leader to take this unique and mission driven organization to the next level. The Executive Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising strategy that enables scalable and sustainable growth, overseeing the successful implementation of all Foundation programs, and being a prominent, passionate Jeffco K-12 advocate in our greater community. To achieve our mission in support of the Jeffco Schools District – to connect the community to Jeffco classroom needs, and bring resources and partnerships to bridge gaps facing the district, schools, teachers and students – the Executive Director will lead a coordinated strategy, effectively engaging the staff, board, community partners, school district personnel, venders and others as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic Planning. The Executive Director will
- Develop a comprehensive strategic plan that will include short- and long-term goals and the tactical actions to achieve those goals.
- Define and communicate to the Board and other stakeholders as appropriate rationales for strategic and tactical decisions.
- Fundraising. The Executive Director will
- Develop a robust, sustainable fundraising strategy with an emphasis on new donor development including identifying, solidifying and growing new and recurring major donor relationships. This should include:
- Individual and corporate donors
- Foundation grants
- Coordinate recurring fundraising activities, including the annual Gala and Love Our Schools Luncheon, ensuring revenue goals for each event are met or exceeded.
- Be an engaged and passionate advocate for Jeffco schools, students and faculty with the greater donor community, developing lasting donor relationships and managing a donor database that includes effective messaging and follow-up.
- Program Management. The Executive Director will
- Oversee the effective implementation of Foundation programs, including but not limited to:
- assessing the alignment with organization and District goals, and
- measuring impact based on established and measurable baselines and goals.
- Identify as appropriate viable potential partners from the public, private and nonprofit sectors who can bring critical financial and other resources to maximize Foundation managed programs.
- Financial and Operational Reporting. The Executive Director will
- Coordinate with Foundation and District staff, grantees and grantors, as appropriate, concerning all aspects of financial and operational data.
- Report all financial and operational data clearly and accurately to the Board at recurring (quarterly or bi-monthly) board meetings or as requested by individual Board committees, i.e., Executive, Finance, Governance, Strategy, and/or Communications.
- Communications Management. The Executive Director will
- Develop and implement a robust and strategic communications plan that will include:
- Proactive social media presence, using platforms such as the Foundation website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others as appropriate.
- Serve as the official representative and spokesperson for the Foundation and its internal and external public relations strategy.
- Provide a plan for updating the Foundation’s website, including information accuracy, user-friendliness and functionality.
- Board, District, Community, and Partner Engagement. The Executive Director will
- Serve as the Foundation’s liaison to the Board of Directors, District personnel, donors, grantees, grantors, and other Foundation partners.
- Encourage Board members to participate as “ambassadors” in Foundation-related activities, including donor-focused events and program activities.
- Identify opportunities to represent the Foundation in communities that include new prospective donors, grantors, community partners and District-sponsored events.
- Team Management. The Executive Director will
- Effectively manage the Foundation staff in fulfilling the Strategic Plan and all other operational activities.
- Provide effective and supportive oversight of program implementation teams.
- Effectively integrate and support Board engagement in Foundation-supported activities.
- Other tasks and duties as requested by the board.