Promote the philosophy and mission of The Counseling and Education Center, Inc.
● Provide the leadership and administrative support in the conception, development, and implementation of long-range plans, policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Directors.
● Exercise the authority necessary for the effective administration, management, and direction of the agency, within the limits of authority delegated by the Board of Directors.
● Participate as an ex-officio member in regular and special meetings of the Board of Directors and in its designated committees by providing data and necessary information.
Oversee the day-to-day operations of the corporation.
● Maintain high quality and reliable technological and system infrastructure and procedure.
● Ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of facilities.
Ensure the financial stability of the organization
● Develop, implement, and monitor the approved budget of the agency.
● Ensure that sound bookkeeping, and accounting procedures are followed.
● Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditures of the agency.
● Oversee the development and implementation of fundraising plan.
● Research and diversify funding sources.
● Write funding proposals to increase the funds of the corporation.
● Cultivate donor relationships.
● Oversee fundraising campaigns, drives, and events.
● Oversee collection of needed data for grants and foundations.
Establish and maintain a sound plan of organization and assure that subordinates are delegated adequate authority to carry out their responsibilities within an appropriate framework of control.
● Determine staffing requirements for the organizational management and program delivery of professional mental health services.
● Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies.
● Review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate.
● Recruit, select, and evaluate staff members in accordance with the legal and organizational personnel policies of the corporation.
● Supportive corrective action of staff when necessary using appropriate techniques; release staff when necessary using appropriate and legally defensible procedures.
● Develop and manage employee benefits.
● Pursue insurance credentials for staff as appropriate.
Ensure quality mental health services are provided to families and individuals
● Provide supervision and/or designate appropriate staff to supervise interns and counselors pursuing licensure.
● Provide ongoing consultation to and evaluation of mental health counselors in terms of quality care for clients, assuring maintenance of client records, and best practice interventions.
● Promote client and provider satisfaction by developing and maintaining collaborative relationships, internally with staff and externally with other providers in the community.
● Promote the utilization of Feedback Informed Treatment.
● Develop and maintain a schedule for 24/7 emergency services coverage by a licensed and Medicaid certified provider.
● Provide and facilitate relevant training for staff and community partners to promote access to high quality mental health care in the community.
● Develop and lead weekly team meetings for clinical staff.
● Provide individual and/or family therapy and maintain clear accurate client records.
Develop and promote educational programs
● Oversee the operation of an annual internship and postgraduate training program.
● Schedule and promote professional training programs for staff and community professionals.
● Provide and facilitate community presentations on topics related to mental health.
Coordinate and develop a sound public relations program for the agency.
● Represent CEC at local, state and national levels and involve other administrative officers and members of the professional staff as necessary.
● Assure the maintenance of continuing relationships with the business and civic community, with government agencies, and with private foundations supporting mental health activities.
● Oversee the development referral avenues, including marketing campaigns.
● Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the corporation.
● Ensure that written communication is created to keep funders, donors, staff, board, and community informed of CEC’s mission, activities, needs, and resources.
Other duties and responsibilities performed as assigned by the Board of Directors.