Strategic and Operational Leadership; Partnership with the Board of Directors
• Collaborate with the Board to clarify, align, and uphold CYAR’s mission and vision.
• In partnership with Board and staff, develop and operationalize a strategic plan to implement CYAR’s objectives.
• Maintain oversight and responsibility for the overall execution of the organization’s strategic plan and operations; keep the Board fully informed of important factors influencing the organization’s well-being.
• Develop and implement planning and evaluation processes to assess the impact of programming, and effectiveness of board and staff.
• Provide leadership and resources to the Board and cultivate a strong working partnership, including helping to recruit new members to the Board.
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant trends and opportunities in youth development and non-profit management.
• Establish, lead, and develop
- an effective management team, with approximately eight program staff and interns, including team building and fostering a cohesive and connected environment with staff
- and network of approximately 400 volunteers
• Plan for succession and ensure continuity of the organization’s programming.
Financial/Legal Monitoring and Compliance
• Develop and monitor annual budget of approximately $500k with support and guidance from the Finance Committee of the Board.
• Ensure compliance of the budget and financial processes and reporting systems; provide timely and accurate financial reports; analyze financial data and trends and provide recommendations for updates as necessary.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, and properly maintain official records and documents.
Operating Funds Development
• In conjunction with the Development Committee and Board of Directors, maximize Colorado Youth at Risk funding development efforts.
• Ensure adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
• Engage and cultivate current and prospective funders, including, but not limited to foundations and individual major donors who have contributed more than $5,000 per year, with Board support in cultivation of individual donors who have contributed $1,000 or less per year.
• Research, identify, and apply for grants with support of grant writing staff or contractor.
• Ensure that the mission, vision, core values, and programs of Colorado Youth at Risk are represented to parents, agencies, organizations, partners, government entities, and the general public.
• Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
• Lead external relations efforts including media relations, community relations, and marketing, including supervising/ leading efforts related annual Gala.