Key responsibilities include:
• Monitor and analyze changes in proposed bills each Legislative session that might impact our members. Produce reports and messaging to our legislative team.
• Gather and track information and announcements from state regulatory agencies and facilitate communications and responses with appropriate leaders of the organization.
• Draft responses for information about optometry including conducting thorough research and timely compilation of charts with requested information.
• Create collateral materials and white papers
• Draft correspondence, comment letters, testimony and other communications
• Perform internal research, data collection and communications projects to advance the COA and optometric strategic objectives.