The assessment contractor will:
• Design and implement a community assessment to identify barriers to enrolling in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and/or eating locally grown produce in Lake County
• Conduct a community resource and capacity assessment to identify resources currently driving SNAP enrollment and/or access to local produce and to identify opportunities to expand capacity to increase access to SNAP and locally grown produce.
• Identify and document statewide examples of innovative approaches to increasing SNAP enrollment and/or increasing access to local produce for families at or below 200% of poverty.
• Identify statewide initiatives addressing access to healthy food, particularly those whose work addresses Lake County challenges
• Produce a report that will guide the Lake County Food Access Coalition and community partners in addressing issues of healthy food access in Lake County.