Programs/Services | Other
What we do:
Think about the first time someone recognized in you a spark, a talent you hadn’t yet seen in yourself. Remember the way your heart soared when you felt the power of what you could do and be. At Street Business School (SBS) we are honored to help women living in poverty experience that feeling by turning their spark into a fire of purpose through our entrepreneurial training program. We provide entrepreneurial training programs for women living in extreme poverty through our Street Business School, which is currently expanding globally with a goal of reaching a million women by 2027.
We are proud of our successes! With our help:
- Ninety seven organizations in 21 countries worldwide are certified to offer SBS in their own communities.
- SBS graduates go from living on $1.35 a day, on average, to $4.19 a day two years later
- 89% of women who start business during Street Business School are still successfully running that business two years after they graduate
Why you’ll feel good about working for Street Business School
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you’ll be proud to see your spark igniting change around the world
- You’ll have plenty of opportunity to do cool and meaningful work
- By supporting the global expansion of our Street Business School your work will directly enable one million women to lift their families out of poverty
- You’ll be surrounded and inspired by other employees with passion, commitment, and drive. We love to help people reach their full potential.
- We support women to solve their own problems creating dignity, ownership and self-sufficiency
- Increasing women’s income not only reduces poverty it also spurs investment in children, creates greater self-esteem, increases bargaining power, and reduces domestic violence
- You’ll have great time off benefits, including a paid, organization-wide closure over the holidays
About our Monitoring and Evaluation Role
We are looking for a full-time Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to join Street Business School's team to support a robust Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) program. We are on the forefront of helping women living in poverty transform their lives through entrepreneurial training, and we are looking for an amazing person to continue to capture and articulate our impact as we scale globally to reach one million women. This position will have an opportunity to help pioneer new ways of measuring the effectiveness of our social franchise model and will suggest other creative ways to interpret data and tell our story.
This job has your name on it if you:
- Have deep understanding of how to build and maintain simple but robust measurement systems, and to work with a range of partner organizations to gather data.
- Are a data geek who loves diving into numbers and doing analysis, but also have a brilliant ability to translate them into powerful and accessible communications that help tell a story of transformation.
- Are an evaluation visionary with the ability to demonstrate impact in a variety of different ways
- Know how to walk the line between generating useful impact stats and getting lost in a sea of survey tools and data
- Have deep listening skills and use them to help meet the needs of the MERL program
- Require little oversight because your follow-through and detail-orientation is to be envied
- Are enamored with impact, and can integrate into, support and lead an existing culture of fun, no-drama, real hands-on teamwork, results focused, and can-do attitude