What we do:
Think about the first time someone recognized in you a spark, a talent you hadn’t yet seen in yourself. Remember the way your heart soared when you felt the power of what you could do and be. At Street Business School (SBS) we are honored to help women living in poverty experience that feeling by turning their spark into a fire of purpose through our entrepreneurial training program. We provide entrepreneurial training programs for women living in extreme poverty through our Street Business School, which is currently expanding globally with a goal of reaching a million women by 2027.
We are proud of our successes! With our help:
- SBS graduates go from living on $1.35 a day, on average, to $4.19 a day two years later
- 89% of women who start business during Street Business School are still successfully running that business two years after they graduate
Why you’ll feel good about working for Street Business School
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you’ll be proud to see your spark igniting change around the world
- You’ll have plenty of opportunity to do cool and meaningful work
- By supporting the global expansion of our Street Business School, your work will directly empower one million women to lift their families out of poverty
- You’ll be surrounded and inspired by other employees with passion, commitment, and drive. We love to help people reach their full potential
- We support women to solve their own problems creating dignity, ownership and self-sufficiency
- Increasing women’s income not only reduces poverty it also spurs investment in children, creates greater self-esteem, increases bargaining power, and reduces domestic violence
- You’ll have great time off benefits, including a paid, organization-wide closure over the holidays
About our Human Resources Manager Role
Street Business School seeks a part-time Human Resource Manager to join our dynamic team and provide support to our employees, team of Directors as well as the COO and CEO. This position is an opportunity for a highly organized, self-motivated professional with HR experience, outstanding interpersonal skills, and a passion for HR work. We are looking for candidates with demonstrated success, enthusiasm for our mission, and a dedication to representing the needs of the organization.
This job has your name on it if you:
- Love all things HR. As the only member of the HR team, you’ll get to do some of everything.
- Show initiative by being resourceful and a problem solver
- Have great communication skills of every type, and aren't afraid to use them, varying the message as needed for all levels of the organization
- Have a great sense of humor and a mature work style
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Want to change the world!