- Provides research, modeling, and analytical assistance to the investment team to support the origination, underwriting, monitoring, and management of Private Equity Investments
- Builds industry relationships with peers and investment managers
- May assist in selection, evaluation, and ongoing monitoring of external investment managers
- Benchmarks and ranks the division's investments using industry standards
- Assists in the monitoring of the financial and operating performance of investments
- Participates in internal investment committee staff meetings and external meetings with industry professionals
- Assists Division Director in developing and improving quantitative and qualitative analysis of the investment portfolio
- Utilizes and manages portfolio management information systems and third-party databases
- Assists in the production of internal portfolio management reporting
- Manages special projects that require knowledge of financial reporting and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of cash flow, trading, and custodial processes relating to Private Equity Investments
- Participates in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or economics; 4-7 years of investment experience; CFA and/or CAIA designation and/or MBA in progress; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word-processing software packages; experience with Bloomberg and/or FactSet is preferred
- Quantitative aptitude, as evidenced by academic achievement and/or work experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills
- General understanding of financial markets, concepts and principles
- Basic understanding of macroeconomics and its influence in investments
- Basic knowledge of stock analysis and valuation techniques
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a team environment
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as necessary for business purposes
Standard office environment with constant computer and telephone use.
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, fitness center access, free on-site parking , and more. For more information please visit www.copera.org/careers.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the employment application online www.copera.org/careers. Have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. As part of the online application you will be asked for a response to the following questions.
- Describe your prior experience with the private equity asset class, including underwriting private equity investments. If you do not have prior private equity experience, please describe any financial analysis experience.
- Describe your comfort level with Microsoft Excel, specifically your experience with financial models.
- How familiar are you with benchmarking private equity returns or analyzing private equity track records?
- Describe how this position at Colorado PERA fits into your career progression and goals.
You will be asked to complete a multiple choice skills assessment upon submission of your application. A link for the assessment will be emailed to you if you are unable to complete it at the end of your application. The skills assessment must be completed to be considered for this position.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments." PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy. PERA's main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play.
Position Title: Private Equity Investments Analyst I
Reports to: Director of Private Equity
Job Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posting Date: 2/7/2020 - 3/8/2020