Development | Programs/Services
The Ray of Hope Cancer Foundation provides unrestricted support to cancer patients struggling to meet basic daily needs – a roof over their heads, food on the table, and heat in the winter. We are the only organization in Colorado that gives unrestricted grants directly to needy cancer patients.
The Ray of Hope Cancer Foundation was established in 2002 by oncologist Dr. David Schrier in memory of his patient, Raymond Wentz. To date, we have given over $1 Million in emergency financial assistance to nearly 5000 cancer patients in every corner of Colorado. The Foundation works closely with oncology professionals, relying on their expertise to determine a patient’s eligibility for a grant. Since 2002, over a hundred social workers and scores of medical offices throughout Colorado have referred cancer patients in need to the Foundation.
• Manage the Foundation’s grant program, working closely with the Board and Grants Committee on a monthly basis to ensure a timely, ethical, and productive grant process
• Serve as a resource for applicants and referring professionals
• Manage partnerships with collaborative organizations, sharing resources and working together to improve program outcomes
• Work closely with the Executive Director to implement the organization’s strategic direction
• Represent the Foundation in the cancer support community