Founded in 1962, the Buell Foundation is a private foundation dedicated to supporting the positive development of children across the state of Colorado through grants and partnerships with nonprofit organizations. Grants are awarded in the areas of early childhood development and teen pregnancy prevention. Since inception, the Buell Foundation has awarded more than $130 million in grants.
The Program Officer has the primary relationships with nonprofit organizations applying to the Foundation for grants. All aspects of the grant review process are completed by the Program Officer. The Program Officer is expected to contribute to programmatic ideas and actively participate in all aspects of the Foundation’s work. This position reports to the Executive Director.
• Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Professional office environment.
• Workload will fluctuate due to deadlines and changing priorities.
• Extensive keyboard and computer monitor use.
• Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
• Physical demands may involve lifting materials and equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Travel in personal vehicle or rental vehicle procured by the Foundation is required as needed to appropriately review grant applications and attend meetings throughout the state. Generally, this travel is limited to three to five weeks annually.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required during specified times of the year.