To administer, manage and direct all aspects of the Volunteer Programs in Northern Colorado, including the Larimer RSVP Senior Corps Program and the Grocery Shopping Program. Responsible for: program development and operation, resource development, personnel management, public relations, data collection and reporting, fiscal management, and development and maintenance of professional relationships within the agency and the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with community organizations/agencies relevant to program goals and objectives.
• Prepares annual grant applications and special grants including proposed budget and program work plans. Reports to funders and laisses with funding agencies, including the Corporation for National and Community Service.
• Assesses program and community needs and develops services for program improvement and expansion to match changing needs.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates a plan for volunteer engagement, orientation, equipping and follow up for all volunteers, ensuring that the plan for those ages 55 and older aligns with directives from the Corporation for National and Community Service.
• Develops program budgets and monitors expenditures with input from the Division Director and the Accounting Department.
• Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises project staff, interns, trainees, and volunteers in accordance with Volunteers of America personnel policies and procedures.
• Prepares all reports as required by Volunteers of America and funding sources. Develops and maintains a record keeping system and databases for reporting.
• Develops and implements on-going methods of raising funds and in-kind donations for the programs, including coordinating special events.
• Develops and implements an on-going public relations program, including newsletters, articles, presentations, website updates, social media sites, etc.
• Develops and implements methods to formally and informally recognize volunteers, staff and programs that have contributed support to the agency.
• Provides guidance on volunteer management best practices to all Northern Colorado Services staff who supervise volunteers. Assesses all NCS volunteers. Develops and updates opportunities for groups from businesses, churches, etc. to volunteer.
• Manages the RSVP Advisory Council and its activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Models core culture attributes of Volunteers of America – Colorado Branch that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and pursues with vigor Volunteers of America – Colorado Branch three strategical critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
• Demonstrates Volunteers of America- Colorado Branch qualities expected of all employees that include Adaptability, Performance, and Compliance.
• Demonstrates Volunteers of America-Colorado Branch qualities expected of all supervisors that include Team Building and Positive Management of Staff, Positive Relationship Management, Ambassadorship, Critical Thinking, and Results-Driven.
• Sensitive to older adult issues and concerns.
• RSVP Fulltime Coordinator
• RSVP Part-Time Coordinator
• Unpaid interns, on occasion
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Bachelor’s Degree in related service field, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Minimum two years’ experience in program administration, design, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
• Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
• Valid Colorado driver’s license and proof of insurance. Provides and maintains a reliable mode of transportation for all scheduled shifts and can drive safely in all types of inclement weather.
• This position requires a National Sex Offender Public Website check, criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, Federal Bureau of Investigations check, and Colorado Adult Protective Services check. This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations and as such, is subject the background check requirement of the Corporation for National and Community Service. Offers of employment are contingent upon the results of these checks.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Experience with volunteer management.
• Experience with grant writing and reporting.
• Experience with older adults or vulnerable populations preferable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong computer skills, with experience in Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Driving to RSVP Partner Organization site visits and outreach activities occur with this position on frequently. This includes driving throughout Larimer County, totaling 2-8 hours per week.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with a one-hour lunch break; some flexibility with hours is possible.
• Occasional evening or weekend hours required.
405 Canyon Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80521
Salary: Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking