Directs and advances PERA's strategic communications, government affairs, marketing, and public relations efforts with stakeholders including PERA's membership and benefit recipients, elected officials, government agencies, media, the public, and other stakeholders both locally and nationally. In partnership with the Executive Director, board members, and senior management, develops, and executes long range goals and implementation of the strategic communications plan. Direct and oversee the activities of the Communications and Creative Services Divisions.
Our ideal candidate is forward-thinking and has a deep understanding of the conceptualization, building, and execution of innovative communications and marketing strategies. We are looking for a communications professional with a keen understanding of communications trends, and solid project management skills to ensure quality, on-target, coordinated messages across a variety of channels. Our ideal candidate has a corporate marketing and communications background with exceptional leadership skills and thrives in a dynamic environment. If you are a thoughtful, well-rounded, collaborative professional interested in working to educate a wide range of stakeholders about PERA's goals, this is a great fit.
- Bachelor's degree and experience in a senior level public communications and policy leadership role
- Demonstrated success at leading strategic policy, communications, marketing, and government affairs
- Professional speaking experience and able to communicate succinctly to a variety of stakeholders
- Successful management experience in managing multiple projects, driving results, and engaging staff
- Ability to travel as necessary for business purposes
- Standard office environment with frequent computer use
- Occasional lifting, moving, and carrying materials
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.