Education | Programs/Services
Mi Casa Resource Center (MCRC) is seeking a proactive individual with excellent communication skills and experience in advising, student services or higher education to join as Student Services Coordinator.
The Student Services Coordinator’s primary job functions are to increase enrollment, connect more students to Prior Learning Assessments (PLA) opportunities and improve student retention across the pathway. The coordinator advises students through enrollment, retention, and completion in each institution along the Financial Services Pathway. They meet with students to decide their next steps by evaluating their prior work experience and career & academic goals. They act as the liaison between the student, higher education institutions and industry partners, working closely with the advising and support staff at each institution to determine the best action plan for student success. The coordinator meets frequently with students, primarily first-generation college students, to help them work through obstacles, connect them to additional supports at the colleges, and to create a roadmap to achieve their career and academic goals. In addition to supporting students through enrollment, the coordinator also partners with staff at each institution to support recruitment of students into the pathway.
This position is grant funded through December 2021 and the goal is that additional funding will be obtained to extend employment.
- Works one-on-one with students in the Financial Services Pathway to identify personal barriers that are impacting their success in college.
- Tracks student progress in and out of the pathway.
- Addresses barriers by coming up with creative solutions and connecting students with in-school and local community service providers and resources.
- Monitors and tracks all students’ progress within Salesforce database.
- Outreaches, establishes and maintains close referral relationships with higher educational institutions, service and training providers to create a robust detailed and reliable referral directory.
- Develops individualized academic plans for students who enter and exit the pathway and maintains a comprehensive program plan providing desired results.
- Collaborates with staff at each institution to support and participate in recruiting events.
- Partners with financial services partners to recruit from current bank or credit union employees.
- Represents the Financial Services Pathway at public speaking engagements, community events and training opportunities.
- Works closely with the Business College advisors at Community College of Aurora and Metropolitan State University Denver, and the Career Pathways team at MCRC.
- Collaborates with other college staff teams to provide resources to students.
- Works with team members at each institution to oversee and implement the administration of Prior Learning Assessments (PLA) for students.
- Oversees tracking and reporting of student progress in MCRC’s database.
- Tracks data and prepares reports as necessary.
- Proactive communication with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity for strength-based coaching and intrusive advising
- Respect for low-income and diverse communities
- Understanding of the barriers facing first-generation college students