- Responsible for data entry input, information retrieval, written correspondence and mailings
- Researches and compiles account information, reports, files, and benefit applications
- Reviews submitted forms, applications and benefits/employer paperwork for accuracy and completeness
- Responsible for processing items in work queues; resolves issues according to established procedures
- Communicates with members/employers submitting documentation when clarification or follow-up is necessary
- Interacts with membership at front desk, responds to questions, and/or refers questions or issues to appropriate staff or department
- Coordinates meeting schedules and conference rooms
- Serves as a liaison for internal/external contacts as directed by the supervisor
- Prepares reports, and presents information in a meaningful and logical manner
- Contributes to development of department through projects and initiatives
- Applies a general knowledge of principles, procedures and practices related to the assigned area
- Understands and documents established standard operating procedures
- Participates in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to 1-2 years of administrative, benefits, financial, customer service, and/or office experience
- Detail oriented, analytical and organized with effective time management and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information and situations appropriately
- Ability to prioritize work with moderate direction and oversight
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including SharePoint
- Standard office environment with frequent to constant computer and telephone use
- Occasional lifting, moving or carrying materials and equipment weighing in excess of 20 pounds
- Applicants must be able to work Monday through Friday 7:30 - 4:30
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the employment application online at https://www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume, cover letter, and any college transcripts available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for a response to these as part of your application:
- Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think your skills and/or experiences would make you successful in this position?
- When faced with a new task, how do you learn best?
- What steps do you take to ensure accuracy while managing multiple projects at once?
- Describe your career progression, and how you believe this position will contribute to your career goals.
You will be asked to complete a multiple choice skills assessment (takes approximately 25 minutes) upon submission of your application. A link for the assessment will be emailed to you if you are unable to complete it at the end of your application.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments." PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy. PERA's main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play.
Position Title: Support Specialist
Division: Benefit Services
Reports to: Benefit Services Manager
Job Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Salary: Minimum $20.46 per hour, commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: 7/13/2018 - 7/29/2018