Plans, coordinates, develops and conducts quality and training activities concerned with ensuring division performance standards for service delivery are being achieved. Responsible for developing and training staff in properly responding to retirement plan, healthcare and other inquiries from members, retirees and others via Colorado PERA's Customer Service Contact Center.
Our ideal candidate is a positive self-starter who is passionate about delivering high quality customer service, and has a track record of successfully coaching others and providing constructive feedback. We are looking for a detail-oriented professional who is familiar with adult learning theories and has experience coordinating and developing staff training activities and materials. If you have a background in contact/call centers and familiarity with pension plans and/or benefits administration, this is a great fit.
- Develops and maintains service quality standards and documentation to support measurement and evaluation of employee performance
- Audit and assess recorded calls for quality, conduct call coaching sessions, and provide direct and timely feedback to representatives and management
- Partner with HR T&D and division management in design and ongoing enhancement of training materials, activities and evaluation tools to support training, employee learning and career progression
- Conduct regular QA calibration sessions to align assessment objectives in keeping with established policies, procedures and trends and identify training gaps
- Partner with IT and Application Development on system tools and enhancements that support and improve member service delivery
- Administer other training and development initiatives based on business need to meet division goals and objectives
- Participates in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field; minimum four years of progressive and relevant contact center experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Retirement planning and/or healthcare industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of adult learning theories preferred
- Ability to strategize and implement plans, measure results, manage deadlines, and drive continuous improvement
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible team player
- Advanced customer service, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated aptitude for data analysis and intermediate/advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Capable of working successfully both independently and within a team-focused environment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position requires successful attainment of either the Certified Retirement Counselor or Retirement Enrichment Program certification within three years of completing new hire training.
- Applicants must be available to work any shift assigned between the business hours of 7:00am and 5:30pm Monday through Friday
- Standard call center environment with constant computer and telephone use
- Occasional lifting, moving, or carrying materials or equipment in excess of 20 pounds
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the employment application online at www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume, cover letter, and any college transcripts available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for detailed written responses to these four questions as part of your application.
- Describe a stretch assignment in your last role that really challenged you. Did you volunteer, or was it delegated to you? How did you learn how to do this task? Was there training, or did you seek training on your own?
- Describe a difficult situation you have experienced in communicating constructive feedback. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?
- What is your impression of excellent customer service? Please provide an example.
- Is the customer always right? Why or why not?
You will be asked to complete a multiple choice skills assessment (takes approximately 25 minutes) upon submission of your application. A link for the assessment will be emailed to you if you are unable to complete it at the end of your application.
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments." PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy. PERA's main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play.
Position Title: Training and Quality Analyst
Division: Customer Service
Job Status: Non-exempt, Full-Time
Minimum Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Posting Dates: 1/16/2019 2/3/2019
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.