What you’ll do
As the transportation advocate you will be a critical part of our team as we work to address climate change in Colorado. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team developing strategy and campaigns to address greenhouse gas emissions in Colorado from the transportation sector, the number one emitter of GHGs. You will serve as a critical connector between decision makers, coalition partners, and Conservation Colorado staff and members to achieve policy victories. In this role you will work directly with the Government Affairs Director while also having the opportunity to work directly with the organizations Deputy Director and Executive Director. The primary responsibilities of the role are:
Policy and Campaigns
● Work with staff & partners to develop & implement comprehensive campaign plans to reduce carbon pollution from transportation and provide more affordable clean transportation options.
● Provide issue area expertise and stay informed about policy developments in public transit, electric vehicles, RTD, and other areas as required.
● Ensure that our equity principles are embedded within all transportation campaigns.
Legislative and Government Relations Work
● Develop and maintain relationships with elected officials, state & federal agencies, business allies, and other key stakeholders.
● Monitor legislation, coordinate testimony for hearings, and undertake other advocacy efforts as needed during the legislative session.
● Participate in the organization’s election work helping to ensure pro-conservation majorities in the state legislature and in key city and county governments. In addition to your regular responsibilities, all staff are expected to participate in the organization’s fundraising efforts, and commit to our organizational efforts around equity & inclusivity.
To be successful in this job, you will be a campaigner at heart who can apply a keen understanding of power building and political strategy to make policy victories a reality and can do so in an ever-changing environment that requires flexibility & grace under pressure. More specifically, you will have: