Why work at Rocky Mountain Human Services?
You will have the opportunity to contribute to an organization serving children with developmental delays and disabilities, adults with cognitive and intellectual disabilities, and veterans in need of employment assistance or who are homeless.
This Veteran Support Specialist (VSS) position will provide initial intake and eligibility screening for potential Veteran Clients to the Homes for All Veterans (HAV) program. The VSS is responsible for coordinating supportive services to Veterans and their households who are homeless or at risk of immediate homelessness. The VSS will provide case management services to ensure clients receive assistance needed to promote housing stability. The VSS will function autonomously and collaboratively with local agencies working to provide supportive services to Veterans while meeting program requirements under the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program. The VSS will develop and maintain strong relationships with community partners and housing providers through networking and outreach activities. As a case manager, the VSS is responsible for detailed documentation of electronic client case files.
- Maintain a working knowledge of program specific guidelines for the Supportive Services for Veteran Families program (SSVF).
- Review existing records, if applicable, and determine eligibility for SSVF programs
- Once eligible, make initial contact with the veteran within two (2) business days.
- Meet with the veteran to determine what types of services are needed to secure housing or prevent homelessness.
- Develop a Person-Centered transition and housing stability plan and connect them with available services and benefits.
- Identify barriers and solutions to maintaining stable housing.
- Assist the veteran in accessing services and benefits.
- Maintain regular contact with veteran in accordance to HAV policy and procedures.
- Conduct case conferencing with HAV staff and other local partners to determine solutions to barriers.
- Conduct habitability inspections.
- Attend Community outreach events.
- This position will require travel throughout Metro Denver.