Executive | Programs/Services
Voqal is a collaboration of five nonprofit organizations that work at the intersection of media and technology to advance social equity. Voqal envisions a socially equitable and just world with an empowered, well-informed public actively engaged in a thriving democracy.
The Voqal Fund Director assists Voqal in making grants in a variety of fields, including: traditional and new media, online organizing, on-the-ground organizing, reducing the influence of money in politics, ballot initiative campaigns, leadership development and other endeavors intended to promote progressive social change.
The Fund Director is responsible for strategy development, implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of the organization’s grant-making program in accordance with the standards set out by the Voqal boards of directors.
As a member of the senior management team, the Fund Director participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- In lieu of education, at least 8-10 years of nonprofit management, development, foundation or philanthropy experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successfully manages multiple programs simultaneously.
- Works well under deadline pressure and meets timeline requirements.
- Stays up to date on industry and regulatory trends.
- Experience with CRM and online grants management systems, such as, Foundant preferred.
- Intermediate level Microsoft office skills.
If you are passionate about a career that allows you to positively impact society, then join the Voqal team and be the call for change. EOE.