The Safety Group Program is an opt-in, nonprofit member benefit, in partnership with Pinnacol Assurance and HUB International. It brings together groups of organizations with common risks committed to maintaining and enhancing industry-leading safety and claims management practices. Creating a culture of safety in your workplace has been shown to:
- Increase performance
- Improve morale
- Foster retention
- Promote safer workplace habits
By completing the required trainings, your organization will also receive a 4% worker’s compensation discount. Members also have the potential to receive a dividend, or a portion of a premium returned to a policy-holder based on an organization's safety record. A member’s premium is based on its organization’s individual claims history.
There is no additional cost for participating in the program, however there are some requirements:
1) You must attend a minimum of two trainings per policy period. Please note, only interactive trainings which are a minimum of 45 minutes in length AND safety-related will qualify.
- Pinnacol in-person trainings. Look for the "seal of approval" to ensure qualifying trainings.
- Colorado Nonprofit Association and Hub International co-presented trainings, with trainers provided by Pinnacol Assurance. Qualifying trainings are listed as “Safety Group”.
- J.J. Keller online, interactive courses. Click here for qualifying trainings.
2) You must be insured through HUB International. HUB International is Colorado Nonprofit Association's exclusive insurance broker, and recommends them for your insurance needs.
HUB International offers a wide range of competitive insurance packages tailored to meet the unique needs of your nonprofit, including property and casualty, directors and officers, workers compensation and employee health benefits. Click here for more information and to request a quote.
3) Contact Robin Medina at HUB International regarding other qualifications to join the Safety Group.
Access additional safety resources here, including forms to help you through workplace injuries, safety plans, preventative tips, and more!
Questions About the Safety Group Program?
Contact Leah Kahler at 303-832-5710 ext 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.