The Nonprofit Legal Audit Clinic is an initiative of Colorado Nonprofit Association, Colorado Lawyers Committee, Association of Corporate Counsel Colorado, Holland & Hart LLP, Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP.
The Legal Audit Clinic allows nonprofits to meet with volunteer attorneys who will review your documents, assess potential problem areas, and address special legal issues for Colorado nonprofits.
The clinic cannot assist with litigation or matters that may lead to litigation.
Please note that the Legal Audit Clinic registration is a two step process. Completing the initial interest form does NOT guarantee your organization a seat at the clinic.
- Organization must have a budget of $500,000 or less. If your organization is larger, please contact us prior to completing the initial interest form.
- Organization must be a registered 501(c)(3) organization.
- Organization must be located in Colorado.
- Complete Legal Health Check - Please note that this clinic is designed to conduct a complete review of your organization's overall legal health. However, you may receive help on specific legal questions if needed.
- Volunteer lawyer matching - Your organization will be matched with a team of volunteer lawyers based on your intake form and topic area priorities. Attorneys are not experts in every practice area (they may not be able to answer specific questions), and may call upon an additional volunteer that may be able to provide assistance.
- Commitment - Your organization MUST confirm commitment to attend the Clinic if selected.
If you have questions, please contact Mariah Taylor at mtaylor@ColoradoNonprofits.org.