Looking for the latest data and advice for Colorado nonprofits? You’ve come to the right place.
Principles and Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Colorado
Our Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Colorado (now in its 3rd edition) is the comprehensive resource for all things nonprofit! This guidebook was developed by Colorado nonprofits for Colorado nonprofits and covers everything from completing the 990 form to fundraising to governance.
Nonprofit Colorado is the new quarterly magazine of Colorado Nonprofit Association. We are inspired daily by the stories and images of strong nonprofits in our state. This magazine is designed to promote the important work of nonprofits across Colorado.
Colorado Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Survey
Get salary and benefits information based on data from other Colorado nonprofits. The Colorado Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Survey publishes every two years helping nonprofits set affordable, competitive compensation packages.
The 2016 Salary & Benefits Survey includes:
- Salary data by organizational budget, focus of service, and region
- Minimum level of experience and education for positions
- Insurance Benefits
- Leave Time
- Salary Increases & Bonuses
Cost: $75 members | $150 standard
Print Version (40% Discount!):
$75 $45 members | $150 $90 standard
The next edition of Salary & Benefits Survey will be published in 2018.
Colorado Generosity Project Reports
The Colorado Generosity Project is a comprehensive multi-year program helping nonprofits demonstrate best practices, increase public awareness of the impact of the nonprofit sector, and increase charitable giving in Colorado. All good stuff. Since its inception in 2007, the project has published a series of important reports to assist Colorado nonprofits and donors.
- Understanding Giving: Beliefs and Behaviors of Colorado’s Donors
- The State of Giving: A Profile of Individual Charitable Giving in Colorado
- Return on Investment: The Economic Impact of the Nonprofit Sector in Colorado
- Generous Colorado: Why Donors Give
- Weathering the Storm: Challenges and Opportunities Facing Colorado Nonprofits during Recession
2015 Member Summit Report: A Statewide Needs Assessment
Early in 2015, Colorado Nonprofit Association staff traveled to 16 communities across the great state of Colorado. The goals were threefold:
- Understand the needs and expectations of members
- Identify nonprofit professional development and education gaps
- Learn about challenges specifically related to their communities
State of Evaluation in Colorado’s Nonprofit Sector
Presented by The Colorado Trust, Colorado Nonprofit Association and Community Resource Center, this report lays out research and recommendations on the state of evaluation in Colorado’s nonprofit sector.
Adopting a national survey conducted by the Innovation Network, a Washington D.C.-based nonprofit consulting firm, the study examined the role of evaluation in nonprofits in Colorado; challenges to implementing evaluation practices; and recommendations to support or enhance evaluation practices.