Organization: Metro CaringTitle: Database Coordinator, Part-Time
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Database Coordinator is responsible for maintaining data and assisting in the development and implementation of best practices for the management of Metro Caring databases including the assurance of database policies and procedures, data integrity, data extraction, report customization and analysis. Supports staff with the use of Metro Caring databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Database management and maintenance for Raiser’s Edge and a privately designed client database to include the following specifics:
• Enter all donor/grant/financial data and generate accurate acknowledgment correspondence.
• Generate and maintain queries and reports for organizational events and projects.
• Work with staff to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing and/or validation.
• Optimize the use of the databases across the organization by staying current on upcoming enhancements to functionality and guiding staff in the appropriate use of the existing functionality.
• Provide support and training as needed for staff and volunteers, including orientation for new staff/volunteers and specialized training in response to changing roles, organizational processes and database functionality.
• Maintain the overall integrity and quality of the donor/grant and client databases, including regular data improvement and streamlining.
• Provide technical assistance to users and troubleshoot to resolve application and database-related problems (including donor, grants, financial and intake databases).
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Solid understanding of the principles of database management and business process workflow.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Word and Excel.
• Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Reporting Services and SQL Programming language with the ability to create SQL queries required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Capacity to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects.
• Ability to organize work to meet deadlines and work independently.
• Skills to provide excellent service to both internal and external customers.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users.
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems is highly desirable.
A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position:
• 2-3 years experience in complex fundraising database management with preference given to experience with Blackbaud products, specifically Raiser’s Edge.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Nonprofit experience highly desirable.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 19, 2015. Include “Datebase Coordinator — your name” in the subject line. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.