Organization: Metro CaringTitle: Development Associate
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Development Associate is responsible for implementing a comprehensive development plan to secure the resources necessary to advance the mission, strategic plan, and annual fundraising goals of Metro Caring. Metro Caring recently completed a multi-million dollar capital campaign and built the premier hunger relief/prevention center for the entire metropolitan area. The next Development Associate must believe that healthy food access is imperative and food security for all families is essential.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: preparation of proposals, grant applications and Letters of Intent, event planning and execution, conducting tours and site visits, prospecting, and developing and responding to public and private funding opportunities for hunger relief and prevention, nutrition and gardening education, basic-needs assistance, workforce development, and self-sufficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Generates general operating revenue for the organization through the timely submission of well-researched, well written and well-documented grants and proposals and their required attachments
2. Researches, explores, and cultivates funding opportunities from government agencies, public corporations, private foundations, family foundations, faith-based organizations and individuals
3. Communicates the mission through social media and assists in developing newsletters and Annual Report
4. Responsible for database management and filing hard copies
5. Tracks statistics relevant to development and provides organization with materials necessary for donor stewardship
6. Conducts tours and cultivates prospective Metro Caring donors; assists current donors in becoming next-level contributors
7. Provides logistical support in planning and executing spectacular donor events and programming designed to cultivate and support relationships with donors, maximizing giving potential
8. Promotes organization at area speaking engagements; recruits and trains volunteers for effective community Speaker’s Bureau to advance Metro Caring within the community
1. Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of 2 years of successful development experience
2. Excellent verbal/written communication skills; superior inter-personal skills and ability to relate to persons from all walks of life
3. Strong organizational, analytical, and database/computer skills
4. Computer proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, Social Media Platforms, Excel, Adobe InDesign, Creative Suite
5. Proven success in fundraising events and grant writing
6. Creative, yet meticulous and detail-oriented
7. Two-years experience in an office environment with at least one year experience working with a donor database program
8. Sense of humor
Send your cover letter and resume no later than July 1, 2015 to: email@example.com . Please include “Development Associate – your name” in the subject line. No calls, please.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.