Organization: Media in the Public Interest/Public News ServiceTitle: Development Associate
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Business Development Position with Social Mission Media (Boulder, CO)
Fearless, fiscal, fun-loving, social mission-driven, detail-oriented high energy wanted. Do you consistently achieve or exceed revenue goals? Thrive on making calls/contacts every day? Successfully fundraise online? Then we have the job for you.
This is a full-time position based in Boulder, CO. Competitive health & retirement plans with superior vacation benefits (because we work hard and think you should play hard too!)
Reaching 33+ million people per week though 1,000s of news outlets, Public News Service is cause reporting that reaches far beyond the choir- Joan Blades, of MoveOn.org. PNS pioneered the Fund a Beat model – so anyone can be a philanthropist and support media solutions that improve public debate. Our work is a critical piece in maintaining a vibrant democracy.
This position requires a person who is forward thinking, visionary and results-oriented, with a solid understanding of entrepreneurial organizations. Knowledge of media industry and foundations highly desired, as is familiarity & comfort with non-profit and socially responsible business culture. To qualify, you must possess ambition for a higher cause, great attention to detail and excellent prospecting abilities.
We look for innovative employees with multi-faceted gifts who create and execute big solutions. Our culture is results-driven, joyful & deadline-oriented in casual working environment (you may find us planking or enjoying chocolate breaks at any given time!)
Please email a resume, cover letter to: Kim Clemensen at firstname.lastname@example.org and use Business Development in the subject line.
Achieve revenue targets for the year by increasing revenue from new sources and maintain our excellent renewal rate.
- Work with CEO & CFO to create & implement new fundraising strategies and evaluate tactics.
- Develop and write/edit text for collateral materials
- Develop and implement a comprehensive online fundraising plan
- Manage, train and support outreach team efforts (may include partner organizations)
- Oversee online marketing & presence for various products in coordination with social media team
- Create and implement a donor/member efforts, including communications calendar
- Work with editorial staff as necessary
- Work with HR to build a development/membership team
- Other duties as mutually agreed
- 5-10 years of fundraising or sales experience with proven results (in a non-profit and/or media setting will get you to the top of the stack)
- Strong commitment to the PNS mission; demonstrated interest & knowledge of current affairs and major policy debates
- Track record of directly soliciting and securing new business – 95% via phone and electronic communication
- High level comfort with technology, internet research, CSM database experience, online marketing (preferred); ability to see colors.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving, strategic thinking abilities and excellent judgment
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Superior attention to detail, strong follow-through and the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and a good sense of humor
- Ability to travel occasionally
* The Public News Service is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, alienage and citizenship, gender identity/expression or other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Applicants please email a resume, cover letter to: Kim Clemensen at email@example.com and use Business Development in the subject line.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.