Organization: The Colorado Education InitiativeTitle: Development Coordinator
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
The Colorado Education Initiative (CEI) is seeking a Development Coordinator to provide support for CEI’s fundraising and development related events and tasks. The Coordinator will work closely with the Development Director to implement all aspects of CEI’s Development Plan. The Coordinator will assist with activities such as donor relations, donor recruitment, cultivation, retention, and stewardship. Other activities related to development will include assisting with messaging and communication strategies. The Development Coordinator will also manage the logistics and planning for CEI’s Annual Luncheon and Summit. This position will report directly to the Development Director while also working closely with the Vice President of Strategic Engagement and Communications and the Strategic Engagement and Communications team.
The Colorado Education Initiative
CEI is an independent non-profit organization working in partnership with the Colorado Department of Education and public education stakeholders to accelerate bold improvement in student achievement through innovation, collaboration, and capacity building. CEI believes that increased student achievement for all Colorado students requires effective leaders in every school, effective educators in every classroom, and healthy and engaged students who come to school ready to learn. Our mission is to catalyze bold, comprehensive improvement in Colorado public education to ensure that all students graduate college and career-ready.
The Colorado Education Initiative is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, governed by an independent board of trustees that develops initiatives to support the Colorado Department of Education’s work.
· Oversee fundraising operational systems in CEI’s online database, Donor Perfect, and provide regular reports to the Development Director, tracking the progress to goals and status of the moves management process.
· Manage the timely and accurate response/acknowledgement of donor gifts.
· Collaborate with the Development Director to craft strategic plans for each funding stream and measures of success to ensure that CEI meets annual and long-term fundraising goals.
· Support the implementation of tailored solicitation requests to individual donors, foundations, and corporations.
· Support the Development Director in preparing for, attending, and following up on funder cultivation and stewardship meetings.
· Assist with the planning and execution of the Annual Luncheon and Summit.
· Assist the Development Director in creating and implementing a culture of development throughout the organization.
· Work closely with the Development Director and grant writers to develop an annual grants pipeline, revise grant narratives with attachments, research potential grant opportunities, and manage deadlines.
· Other duties, as assigned.
· Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Demonstrated event planning and coordination experience.
· Strong editing skills with excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to manage projects effectively and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated commitment to accountability and measuring outcomes.
· Computer literacy, with experience utilizing fundraising databases.
· Experience working in the nonprofit sector, particularly in education, preferred.
· Experience working with Donor Perfect or similar CRM software, preferred.
Desired Personal Traits
· Passion for the mission of The Colorado Education Initiative.
· Ability to think analytically and problem solve, combined with a willingness to ask questions and work collaboratively.
· Energetic, hard-working, and a team player.
· Highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Positive, enthusiastic, able to portray a professional image when representing The Colorado Education Initiative, both internally and externally.
· Ability to work under time pressures with multiple priorities while able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
· Discretion with confidential information.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum two years of experience in fundraising
· Full-time position
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Competitive benefits package available
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should indicate the position in the subject line of the email. The position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. No phone calls, please.
The Colorado Education Initiative is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. CEI strives to be an inclusive organization, and as such takes affirmative action to insure that discrimination does not occur against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.