Organization: ADAMS COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITYTitle: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: Government Agency
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Adams County Housing Authority (ACHA) serves county residents for whom conventional housing is unaffordable. We assist individuals, families, seniors and persons with disabilities throughout all of Adams County, including the rural and unincorporated areas. Our goal is to provide these households with quality, affordable housing options while supporting their efforts to achieve economic self-sufficiency. ACHA has an operating budget in excess of $30 million, and administers state and federally funded grant programs; Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program through contracts with HUD; Housing Counseling (foreclosure prevention and Home Ownership); owns and operates 1200 housing units, is in partnerships for an additional 1200 units; and facilitates real estate development.
ACHA is currently seeking a strategic and experienced Director of Operations to have primary responsibility for managing all the core operational functions that support the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of ACHA.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working closely with other managers, the Director of Operations assures implementation of program-wide strategic initiatives and policies. This role is an exciting opportunity for a results-oriented management professional to have a tremendous impact by developing operational solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of a wide range of services. Direct reports to this position include Senior Management from Property Operations, Housing Programs, Housing Counseling and Resident Services.
The preferred candidate will be a bright, seasoned and highly qualified manager whose experience includes accomplishing strategic and operational change in a complex environment. The ideal candidate’s management style will exhibit integrity, collaboration, flexibility and a result-orientation.
· Creates the structure and processes necessary to manage ACHA’s program activities and their projected growth
· Maintains a sound plan of corporate organization, establishing policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession
· Cascade ACHA’s strategies and mission statement through all staff levels and implement appropriate rewards/recognition and development/corrective practices to align with ACHA’s goals.
· 5+ years of management experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
· Demonstrated success leading financial oversight and budgetary tracking to support strategic growth
· Experience managing cross-functional teams to develop and implement systems and processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of a growing organization
· Experience with working with Not-For-Profit organization, housing authorities, or other mission driven organization is preferred
· Proven track record of leadership and mentoring qualities
· A strong ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and manage time well to accomplish goals
· Self-motivated with the ability to thrive under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
· Team-player capable of working both collaboratively and independently
· Highly organized and resourceful, with strong attention to detail, demonstrating effective follow through
· Proactive, continually looking for ways to avert problems and improve systems
· Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
· Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced certification preferred
for more information regarding this job, please visit www.adamscountyhousing.com
Adams County Housing Authority offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package which includes: medical, gap insurance, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability, 401(k) match and participation in the Public Employer’s Retirement Association. ACHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ACHA provides, to the great extent possible, employment, on the job training and contract opportunities for low – and very-low income residents in connection with projects and activities administered by the Housing Authority.
Please submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Adams County Housing AuthorityHuman Resources
7190 Colorado Blvd.
Commerce City, CO 80022
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.