Organization: The Denver FoundationTitle: Director of Operations
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Director of Operations works closely with the VP of Operations and Communications to create and refine the systems that facilitate The Denver Foundation’s commitment to excellence and innovation. Working with staff in all departments, the Director of Operations helps to develop and standardize processes and policies, to maintain a Foundation-wide approach to complex systems and organizational culture, and to support achievement of the goals in the Foundation’s strategic plan.
• Advance the development and documentation of improved operational systems, business processes, information flow, and organizational policies across the Foundation.
• Provide planning and systems consultation to all departments as requested.
• Lead interdepartmental teams in analyzing complex systems, processes, and activities.
• Support the development of a dynamic, productive, and inclusive organizational culture.
• Manages consultants to support work in systems development and organizational culture.
• Work with the Human Resources Officer to advance of the Foundation’s human resource policies, programs, and practices.
• Create and support systems related to the Foundation’s three guiding principles: engaging residents, advancing equity, and developing philanthropy.
• Knowledge and experience in organizational development and effectiveness (educational background or certification, e.g. Lean Six Sigma, a plus).
• Experience with business process analysis, visualization, and documentation.
• Experience with identifying and developing systems improvement opportunities.
• Project management skills; able to lead staff teams successfully through major projects/initiatives.
• Experience producing excellent, detail-oriented work while maintaining a systems-wide approach.
• Understanding of the nonprofit sector and its role in the community.
• General knowledge of information technology systems and their role in accomplishing organizational goals.
• Systems knowledge and evaluation experience.
• Clear understanding of change theory and ability to thrive in change.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, enjoys working with people in collaboration.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excels at operating in a fast-paced environment, thrives under pressure.
• Ability to assess situations from several points of view.
• High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Open to taking direction and flexible with changing priorities.
• An ethic of service to the organization, its staff, volunteers, constituents, partners, and communities.
· Must have an acceptable reference check
· Successfully pass a criminal background check
· Must be reliable, punctual, and polite
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience – excellent benefits package!
· The Denver Foundation shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
· The Denver Foundation is an organization that is eligible for the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Interested individuals should send the following as a combined PDF
· Submit resume
· Cover letter
· Three references
· Salary history
Send Materials To:
The Denver Foundation
55 Madison Street, 8th Floor
Denver, CO 80206
No phone calls please
Posting Date: January 26, 2016
Application Deadline: February 5, 2016
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.