Organization: Denver Preschool ProgramTitle: Director of Operations
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
DENVER PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
The Denver Preschool Program is an independent, non-profit organization that administers the City and County of Denver’s universal preschool initiative first approved by voters in November of 2006 and renewed and expanded in 2014. Through a 0.15 percent Denver sales-tax, revenue is dedicated to provide access for parents and families of children in their last year of preschool before kindergarten to high-quality preschools. These funds also are used to improve the quality of programs through quality ratings and targeted quality improvement, ensuring that they have the resources necessary to lay the foundation of knowledge, social skills and self-confidence in children that paves the way for success in kindergarten, throughout school and later in life.
The Director of Operations is responsible for effectively overseeing and managing multiple facets of program operations, including but not limited to financial and operational oversight, accounting, enrollment and billing, contract management, human resources, evaluation, program data, and quality assurance program oversight. The Director of Operations reports to the President and CEO of the Denver Preschool Program and is a critical member of the DPP leadership team.
- Responsible for daily accounting functions, including payment of requisitions (payables), preparation and monitoring of monthly financial transactions including payroll, deposits (receivables), bookkeeping, bank account and petty cash reconciliations, and other records in line with the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of financial reports for the Board of Directors, the Finance and Governance Committee, the City and County of Denver, and other funders as needed.
Operations and Human Resources
- Oversees the development and regular review of all organization policies and procedures. Ensures that they are in line with the DPP mission and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Manages DPP’s contractual relationships including writing and evaluating Requests for Proposals, developing contract language and negotiating contract deliverables in conjunction with DPP’s President and programmatic staff, and provides ongoing oversight of contracts.
- Administers Human Resource activities, including coordination of employee benefits, conducting employee orientations, maintaining personnel records, and other HR activities in line with the policies and procedures of the agency.
Quality Assurance and Evaluation
- Manages DPP’s quality assurance program and coordinates activities with the quality assurance committee.
- Manages DPP’s evaluation activities. Communicates results to staff and partners and translates findings to operational actions that drive better outcomes.
- Oversees the DPP data quality assurance program. Acts as point of contact for data requests; prepares critical data documents that tell the DPP story; and reviews all data prior to public distribution for accuracy and quality.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the Denver Preschool Program
- B.A. degree (accounting, business, or related field) with at least five years of experience in financial management; nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks, general accepted accounting principles for non-profit organizations, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, develop, analyze and implement numerous diverse projects simultaneously; experience with developing a complex budget.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Human resource experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities as part of a team.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Position closes Friday, January 9, 2014.
This is a full-time, exempt position with salary commensurate with experience. The Denver Preschool Program is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.