Organization: Rocky Mountain Employee Ownership CenterTitle: Executive Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
BASIC FUNCTION: Direct the operational, administrative and financial activities of the Rocky Mountain Employee Ownership Center (RMEOC).
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Duties/essential functions may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide strategic leadership and management for RMEOC. Direct personnel and budget resources to support mission of promoting employee ownership in order to broaden capital ownership, deepen employee participation, retain jobs locally and increase living standards for working families and their communities.
- Obtain and manage funding.
- Develop effective relationships and linkages with government and economic development officials, journalists, senior officials of state and national Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs), private foundation officials, retiring business owners, employee buyout groups and union leaders/members.
- Represent RMEOC to external organizations and persons, including numerous public speaking opportunities.
- Generate business conversions to employee ownership through consultation, networking, and outreach. ED performance evaluation will be based on ability to produce conversion outcomes.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Experience in employee ownership through Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) and/or cooperatives and/or in service providers providing services to employee owned firms and/or at accredited academic institutions is preferred but not required. Past business ownership is highly desirable, but not required. Personal commitment to and passion for employee ownership is a must.
- Employee stock ownership plans and worker-owned cooperatives
- Strategic planning
- Personal computer applications
- Nonprofit fundraising strategies
- Actively engaging business owners on the benefits of employee-ownership, and moving them through the conversion process.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication.
- Leadership and administration.
- Development of ownership culture among staff.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter, strong ability to network.
- Development of evaluation and performance plans.
- Manage and engage staff, contractors and volunteers.
- Communicate effectively with business owners and service providers by developing strong relationships and engaging in robust outreach.
- Interact effectively with culturally diverse populations.
- Develop a robust fundraising portfolio composed of foundations, individual donors, research institutions, events, employee owned business memberships, and other revenue streams.
- Build relationships with academic institutions to increase research around employee ownership topics and expand employee ownership curriculum.
Compensation: $45,000 to $70,000 base salary (dependent on experience), health insurance and retirement benefits.
Employment Requirements: The Executive Director will be a full time employee of the Rocky Mountain Employee Ownership Center.
Desirable Qualifications: Master’s Degree in relevant field.
Physical Requirements: Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Incumbent must be able to communicate with others.
Diversity Statement: Rocky Mountain Employee Ownership Center is committed to the creation and nurturing of a diverse community of individuals through inclusive excellence. Diversity involves recognizing the value of differences and the inclusion of all members of the community including those that experience discrimination or under representation.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted to describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related experience/education beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Rocky Mountain Employee Ownership Center reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.
Qualified candidates only: please send a resume and cover letter detailing relevant skills and experience, and salary history/requirements to:
Kyle Huelsman, RMEOC Board Secretary
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Resume and cover letter must be received by the 15th of November 2015, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interviews are to be held in Denver, CO during the week of November 30th.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.