Organization: Heart & Hand CenterTitle: Executive Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Heart & Hand Center Mission
Founded in 2008, Heart & Hand’s mission is to improve the lives of at risk youth and their families.
For more information, please visit www.heartandhandcenter.org
Executive Director Position Reporting to the CEO and the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for The Heart & Hand Center’s staff, programs, fundraising and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of the field, core programs, operations, and strategic plan.
Specific committee responsibilities:
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the CEO and the Board of Directors, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Actively engage and energize the Heart & Hand Center’s staff, volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders
In communications, the Executive Director will:
- See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public
- Identify, cultivate and maintain productive working relationships with key stakeholders, including policymakers, community groups, the media, and funders.
- Represent the Heart & Hand Center to external audiences including funders, community groups, policymakers and the media
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work
- Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization
In fundraising and data collection, the Executive Director will:
- Identify and develop resources and capacity building efforts; provide support in identifying funding opportunities
- Review LOIs and grant proposals
- Demonstrate knowledge of collecting, analyzing and translating data to identify opportunities and initiatives that will advance the mission of the Heart & Hand Center
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to develop and implement the Heart & Hand Center’s financial strategy
- Actively work with the CEO and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, individual donors, etc.
- Oversee the research of funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position Heart & Hand ahead of major funding changes or trends
- Plan and execute all major fundraising initiatives with the Development team
- The ED will be thoroughly committed to The Heart & Hand Center’s mission
- All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate board member relations
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Have a background that includes practical experience with the mission of The Heart & Hand Center
- Personnel and budget management experience
- Knowledge of national and state education issues and systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Commitment to supporting a culture of continuous improvement and organizational excellence
- Flexible, innovative, energetic, and able to work as a member of a team
This is a salaried position with a benefits package. Salary will be determined by the Board of Directors, based on experience.
Please email your resume, cover letter, three professional references and salary requirements to Ms. Blaine Heydt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.