Organization: Into Your Hands-AfricaTitle: Executive Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Into Your Hands-Africa
The Executive Director of Into Your Hands-Africa (IYHA) reports to the Board of Directors and has overall strategic and operational responsibility for IYHA staff, both US and Uganda, programs, business development, program expansion, and execution of the goals, mission and values. The Executive Director will:
- Possess deep knowledge of US and Uganda operations
- Oversee, enhance and develop fundraising programs
- Ensure ethical and compliant business operations
- Develop and manage business plans and budgets
- Liaise and oversee all staff in both US and Uganda
Leadership and Management:
· Ensure ongoing global program excellence, rigorous program monitoring/evaluation, and consistent
quality and execution of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and processes including timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
· Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and donors.
· Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as consultant for each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local and overseas operations as well as regional outreach.
· Lead, coach, develop, and retain high-performance team both local and in Uganda. This includes direct supervision of US staff, and of the Ugandan Operations or In-Country Director. Overall leadership of staff of 12-15.
· Ensure effective systems to track financial progress and fundraising success, and regularly evaluate program components so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors, and grant providers.
· Execute programs at the direction of the board of directors utilizing the strategic plan and operational framework of the organization
Fundraising and Communications:
- Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan.
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising events to support and maintain existing program operations.
- Design and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger, more meaningful brand both in the US and Uganda.
- Build relationships to garner new opportunities for revenue generation, fundraising events and grant opportunities in order to enhance current programs and support new programs. Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Oversee the maintenance of relationships with current individual donors. Create and execute a strategy for building a sustained base of new individual donors.
- Develop reports for all fundraising events results.
- Work with grant writer to provide input, review and strategic help in grant writing efforts in line with strategic plan.
The Executive Director will be committed to IYHA; the goals, mission and values. Proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience is required. Ability to juggle many competing priorities and a sense of humor make this position a fulfilling role. Concrete experience and other qualifications include:
- College degree in business, non-profit management or compatible field, and/or with at least 5 years of management experience; track record of effectively leading an organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and implemented strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Commitment to executing high quality programs with data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop a high-performance team of volunteers, set and achieve strategic objectives, and create and manage a budget.
- Success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships and to attract qualified board member candidates.
- Marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of donors both individual and corporate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and project management skills.
- Action-oriented and adaptable, with an innovative approach to organizational development
- Ability to be self-directed and work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Possess passion, integrity, positive attitude and diligence
- Willing to spend 2-4 weeks per year on the ground in Uganda evaluating and coordinating efforts for future expansion of the mission.
This position is part-time (20 hours/week) for the coming months. It is estimated to transition to a full-time position in the coming 6 months pending capacity building efforts underway at the organization The compensation is $24,000 annually for the part-time position. Into Your Hands-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
Timing of the hiring process:
-June 10-July 6- Resumes being accepted
-July 15-Finalists notified and non-selected applicants notified
-July 25- Final selection
-August 1- Start date
Email resumes and questions to: brenna@IntoYourHands.org. Please also include a cover letter identifying three references that the selection committee can contact as well as why you are interested in this position.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.