Organization: Jefferson Center for Mental HealthTitle: Family Support Specialist
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Health & Mental Health
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must be parent/grandparent/caregiver of child with emotional or behavioral health disturbance. Also need knowledge of motivation interviewing, engagement skills, strength-based and resiliency concepts. Knowledge of community resources and have ability to help families navigate child servicing organization. Knowledge of the juvenile justice system is also a plus. Good Communication Skills. Good Organization Skills. Colorado Driver’s license and DMV Background Clearance, Basic Computer Skills. Bilingual helpful, but not required.
The Family Support Specialist will provide caregiver-to-caregiver support services to families of children and youth with emotional, behavioral or co-occurring disorders. Because of their unique life experience for caring for children with these disorders and navigating child-serving systems parents/grandparent/caregivers are able to use their unique experience to inspire hope and provide support to others who are facing similar challenges.
· Ability to create, promote and facilitate a family support group.
· Ability to create and facilitate family and individual activities that help support resiliency.
· Make outreach phone contact to families of new consumers and referrals from staff. (Some evening hours may be required).
· Help engage and support families in the treatment process.
· Demonstrates ways for families to become empowered and self-responsible.
· Supports others in learning how to make good choices for themselves.
· Help link families to resources both internally and externally.
· Coordinate with internal and external providers to assist family in reaching their goals.
· Meet documentation standard for all assigned paperwork.
· Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
· Demonstrate supportive and non-judgmental attitudes.
· Maintains appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for families.
· Demonstrates ability to work with families with diverse backgrounds including awareness of cultural differences.
· Timely response to phone calls, e-mails and other requests.
· Participates in team meetings and planned activities.
· Attend all trainings and supervision sessions as requested by the supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY:Visit www.jcmh.org, click on careers tab.
Jefferson Center for Mental Health is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Jefferson Center is a tobacco free agency. Tobacco use is not permitted on our premises.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.