Organization: Denver Scholarship FoundationTitle: Grants Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire and empower Denver Public School (DPS) students to enroll in and graduate from postsecondary institutions of higher education, by providing the tools, knowledge and financial resources essential for success.
The primary role of the Grants Manager is to provide strategic leadership in raising annual fund revenue and long term support through federal, state and foundation funding sources. The Grants Manager is responsible for proposal development and follow-up processes to secure and maintain funding. The Grants Manager will proactively cultivate and steward granting foundations. In addition, as part of a Development Team, this position will support all fundraising efforts to help achieve the organization’s annual revenue goals.
Actively research and identify potential federal, state and foundation funding sources.
Work closely with program staff and senior management to ensure alignment of funding opportunities to strategic goals.
Prepare and submit proposals, supporting budget, evaluation and ancillary documentation.
Collaborate with other nonprofits and institutions on grant proposals when appropriate.
Ensure fulfillment of grant contractual requirements, including writing and submitting reports and attachments as required by government and foundation funding sources.
Lead the foundation relationships with excellent verbal and written communication, and presentations during site visits.
Manage and update grant tracking system to include an annual deadline calendar for all grants, reports and contractual requirements.
Develop annual revenue budget for government and foundations that is agreed upon by leadership.
Maintain accurate information in Raiser’s Edge and assist with the organization’s efforts to effectively use the database.
Attend day, night and weekend events as needed.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Four years of successful fundraising experience.
- Proven track record in grant writing for government and foundation funding sources.
- Exemplary research, writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker with creative abilities.
- Ability to build strong relationships with a donor centric approach.
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with multiple constituents.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to use Raiser’s Edge to track donors and create follow-up communications.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Optimistic attitude and flexibility in a changing work environment.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse community.
- Passion for transforming the lives of DPS students through education.
- Microsoft Office software proficiency and knowledge of internet and database applications
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package offered.
Position: Grants Manager
Reports to: Deputy Director of Development, Marketing & Communications
Application Deadline: Until filled
Electronic applications only. We anticipate a high volume of applications and will only consider applications that meet the listed qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three references electronically to:
Denver Scholarship Foundation
Subject: Grants Manager
303 East 17th Avenue, Suite 200
Denver, CO 80203
No Phone Calls Please
Denver Scholarship Foundation is an Equal Opportunity employer and seeks a diverse applicant pool.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.