Organization: Special Olympics ColoradoTitle: Grants Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
The Grants Manager is responsible for all aspects of raising support from foundations, corporations, and government sources requiring proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects. The Grants Manager is responsible for producing a sufficient number and quality of prospects to produce extensive institutional donor profiles; target appropriate ask amounts; and prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation, and government grants.
Report to: Director of Development
- Develop and prioritize projects and proposals.
- Meet and work with staff to elicit projects and programs that need support and manage monthly meetings to vet projects and programs and set priorities for funding.
- Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders: find personal connections with staff, board, trustees, volunteers, donors that will ensure the attention of institutional funders.
- Provide stewardship for existing and new donors.
- Write and/or prepare proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials.
- Manage existing grants by: tracking grants; developing internal reporting systems; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical records; working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
- Responsible for overall grant income goal and monitoring progress toward goal.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Experience with proposal writing for foundations and institutional donors
- Proven track record with foundations and state/federal agencies.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office Suite and Raisers Edge.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for grantors.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with grant writing and management.
- Proven track record on raising money from foundation and government sources.
- Program development experience preferred.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- High energy and passion for SOCO’s mission is essential.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and project at a time.
- A sense of humor is required.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to travel independently throughout the state
- Ability to be cleared to work for SOCO through background screening process
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
- Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads (5-30 pounds) for short distances (approximately one block)
- All other duties as assigned
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Grants Manager position in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Thank you!
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.