Organization: Jefferson Center for Mental HealthTitle: Home-based Clinician -TANF
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Health & Mental Health
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Licensure preferred, Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field, CACIII preferred. Two or more years’ experience in providing family therapy and working with community agencies. Experience in working with high-risk families and youth with mental health issues. Ability to work cooperatively with other systems and community agencies. Skills in crisis intervention, behavioral/cognitive/ family treatment or other applicable treatment techniques, and family education. Knowledge of systems perspective, solution-focused, episodes of care, resiliency, stages of change, motivational interviewing, Trauma-focused treatment, groups and family treatment. Good computer skills. Bilingual helpful, but not required.
To provide short-term, home-based treatment to families involved in Jefferson County TANF. This clinician will address issues within the family that are preventing job acquisition, positive job performance and retention. This will be a strong psych-education model to educate families about mental illness, domestic abuse, effective coping strategies, problem solving skills, parenting skills, communication skills, anger management, illness management practices, job seeking skills, and relapse prevention strategies for substance abuse. There may be a large amount of advocacy and case management and collaboration with a number of community agencies.
· Provides in-home treatment to families involved in JeffCo TANF. Caseload of approximately 15 families.
· Works cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor. Volunteers to work on Center committees and/or task forces. Works closely with the office-based TANF clinician that is located at TANF.
· Engages consumer and family in the treatment process and goal-setting. Identifies risk factors including lethality. Works constructively with consumer to reach agreed upon outcome, and coordinates care with internal and external providers. Maintains appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for consumers.
· Conducts parenting classes or other classes as appropriate for clients. May hold workshops for TANF staff on various mental health issues, as appropriate.
· Conducts intake assessments and opens charts in TIER on all clients including DSM-IV, 5 axis diagnosis
· Meets caseload expectations, picks up new cases within expected time-frame.
· Crisis intervention as needed.
· Attends mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized training plan if required.
· Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
· Satisfactorily completes 90% of peer review charts needing corrections within 14 calendar days (only areas for which staff are responsible).
· Submits 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days (team specific).
· Completes 95% of all paperwork by the due date.
· Ensures that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by Network Director.
· Completes 95% of case closings within 90 days after last contact, 210 days for meds only.
· Provides group treatment as determined by Network Director.
· Meet required number of consumer service hours as determined by Network Director.
· Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
· Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
· Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
· Awareness of vicarious trauma, good self-care skills.
· Attend staffings at schools, hospitals, other community agencies to monitor and plan a comprehensive treatment approach.
HOW TO APPLY:Visit www.jcmh.org, click on careers tab.
Jefferson Center for Mental Health is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Jefferson Center is a tobacco free agency. Tobacco use is not permitted on our premises.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.