Organization: Jefferson Center for Mental HealthTitle: Intensive Clinician/Case Manager #14-0079
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Health & Mental Health
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
To provide clinical/case management services to Jefferson Center for Mental Health consumers as deemed appropriate by the guidelines of accepted clinical practice. To provide information, education, liaison, and transition services to various networks within JCMH and with federal, state, and community based agencies and resources. In addition to the above, to assist the clinical manager with providing supervision, mentoring and consultation to members of the CSI, Support Services, and Outpatient Case Management teams; assist the clinical manager with training/orientation of new employees, and assist the clinical manager/Intensive Network with special projects as needed.
- Provide clinical/case management services including service planning, monitoring, follow-up, linkage and crisis management for consumers.
- Provide services to meet need: office based, community based, or in the consumers home.
- Make appropriate referrals to and act as liaison with community agencies, service providers, and natural support systems.
- Collaboration with consumers, family members, and significant others in identifying strengths/needs in developing personal treatment goals .
- Work with consumer and family/support system for appropriate service delivery.
- Provide assessment of daily living skills (ADLs), coordination, monitoring, planning, referral and follow-up with comprehensive community services and supports.
- Provide individual, group, family case management services and therapy as indicated and identified in the service plan.
- Provide assistance in developing community-based resources for social, vocational, and leisure skills.
- Maintain communication and links with other JCMH programs e.g. Access, Inpatient, Navigation, Wellness, Outpatient, Older Adult, and Adolescent programs.
- Ongoing monitoring of assigned caseload, assessment of symptoms to prevent relapse, and follow-up with respite services as needed.
- Coordination for emergency services when clinically indicated/medically necessary; risk/lethality assessment (including inpatient admission).
- Resource acquisition and assistance with application for benefits and entitlements in collaboration with Benefits/Navigation Team.
- Assist consumers with obtaining referrals to meet basic needs such as housing, food, clothing, medical and dental care, legal, vocational, and psychiatric services.
- Participate in team meetings, clinical staffings, and clinical consultation as scheduled.
- Participate in Evidence Based Practices on the team and in the Center (i.e.: IDDT, DBT, CBT, CDOI, psycho-education, etc.).
- Utilize clinical practice guidelines, Center and State Division of Mental Health standards for appropriate service delivery.
- Supervision of staff working on licensure and/or graduate school internship.
- Trains/mentors new hires for Intensive Services Network.
- Provides peer consultation and leadership to support clinical/professional growth of non-licensed staff.
- Provides leadership and assistance with 27-10 mental health hold process, including writing 72 hour hold and coordinating inpatient placement with Access.
- Provides services to third party referrals for clinically appropriate treatment and timely reimbursement to the Center (adheres to credentialing policies).
Other Duties (Professional Growth/Development/Community/Relationships & Productivity Performance Measures):
- Attend mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized training plan as required.
- Participate in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Report high risk/problem cases, and utilize a problem solving approach/utilize feedback.
- Use language and behavior to promote dignity/respect with consumers, Center staff and external customers.
- Continually strives for self-improvement and is motivated to learn new skills to benefit consumer and Center.
- Attend supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
- Satisfactorily complete 90% of peer review charts needing corrections within 14 calendar days (only areas for which staff is responsible).
- Submit 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days (team specific).
- Complete 95% of all paperwork by the due date.
- Ensure that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by Network Director.
- Complete 95% of case closing within 90 days after last contact, 210 days for Meds Only.
- Meet required number of consumer service hours as determined by Network Director and/or Clinical Manager.
- Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment .
- Maintain effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
- Demonstrates cultural competency/awareness/skills in working with diverse caseload and utilizes Center resources/trainings as needed.
- Effectively respond to client/consumer needs and problems, initiate and maintain positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email, etc.
- Work cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor.
- Volunteer to work on Center committees.
Masters Degree and Colorado Licensure preferred. Colorado Drivers License and Current Motor Vehicle Report Required. CAC ll preferred, but not required. Bilingual helpful, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit www.jcmh.org, click on careers tab.
Internal applicants please apply directly with Human Resources
Jefferson Center for Mental Health is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Jefferson Center is a tobacco free agency. Tobacco use is not permitted on our premises.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.