Organization: Special Olympics ColoradoTitle: Marketing and Communications Manager
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the communications, marketing and public relations strategies of Special Olympics Colorado, including national and local cause-marketing campaigns, local and national public awareness campaigns, advertising, advocacy, media relations, social media, website management, and collateral production.
- Create and execute innovative marketing and public relations strategies, including both traditional and social media, to guide leadership in cultivating and enhancing relationships with key target audiences, including media, donor organizations, key stakeholders, and the general public
- Identify key target audiences and develop segmented messaging and strategies to engage each audience
- Lead storytelling strategies for multiple platforms, including video, photos and written stories
- Develop in collaboration with other departments all organizational marketing materials, including fundraising, promotional, events, invitations, annual report, newsletters etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with media and advertising partners, vendors and other key community stakeholders
- Manage annual marketing budget and other associated administrative activities
- Recruit marketing volunteers and interns to help mobilize marketing efforts
- Track effectiveness of marketing and communications efforts and regularly report on results
- Responsible for all graphic and website design, copy, video, animation, photography, promotional assets, and more behind our brand and owned properties.
- Manage our brand, including messaging, tone, design, and public relations
- Build our communications calendar and written guidelines, as well as determine sources for content both internally and externally.
- Provide strategic guidance on identifying and engaging with media and influencers
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to Google+ Hangouts, to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Manage and build various email lists and campaigns, including the design templates, calls-to-action, and content used.
- Create and implement marketing campaigns for fundraising events, such as Colorado State Tax Check-Off, Polar Plunges, Denver Golf tournament, Law Enforcement Torch Run and other campaigns as assigned.
- Develop and implement print, video, web and radio campaigns to promote athlete, volunteer, family and donor involvement.
- Develop, hire and manage relationships with creative agencies, such as advertising, design, web development, photography, collateral material production and printing.
- Service and support all SOCO departments in their marketing, communication, and media needs.
- Attend all state competitions and develop public education opportunities and media sponsorships to support state games. Serve as point of contact to all media.
- Oversee opening and closing ceremonies at state competitions and ensure the event communicates the strength and abilities of SOCO athletes, recognizes sponsors properly and contributes to the athlete experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or communications
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in communications, partnership development, media relations, marketing and development
- Proven experience in budgeting, public relations, fundraising and management of staff and volunteers
- Strong understanding of marketing, public outreach and non-profit organization operation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Technological knowledge and expertise such as Google Ad Grants/Managing Google Analytics/Google Ad Campaigns, SEO, SEM
- Ability to work in a small team environment and will need to embrace being a strong team player.
- Support other departments when workload allows contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to travel independently throughout the state
- Ability to be cleared to work for SOCO through background screening process
- Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads (5-30 pounds) for short distances (approximately one block.
- All other duties as assigned
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@SpecialOlympicsCO.org.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.