Organization: Colorado Health Network dba Denver Colorado AIDS ProjectTitle: Mental Health/Substance Abuse Counselor
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Subcategory: Health & Mental Health
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
- Provide short term individual, couples, and group mental health and/or substance abuse /dependency counseling services for individuals who are affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Review Counseling Services program referrals and make appropriate assignments.
- Complete biopsychosocial intake assessment including a substance abuse/dependency screening and evaluation.
- Develop and adhere to client driven treatment plan.
- Complete timely session documentation.
- Maintain current files as outlined in program policies and procedures including eligibility documents.
- Complete monthly client activity reports.
- Coordinate mental health and substance abuse services with case managers and other community providers.
- Provide mentorship to two department interns.
- Attend department and organizational meetings.
- Provide assistance with individuals who present in crisis as appropriate.
- Provide clinical consultation to Case Managers, Housing Staff, and Prevention Staff as appropriate.
- Provide formalized clinical skill training to staff as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work.
LPC or LCSW in progress. Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC) in progress.
EXPERIENCE: Experience working with individuals, couples, families, and groups. Familiarity with HIV/AIDS. Understanding and experience with the harm reduction model, stages of change model, and motivational interviewing. Experience working with diverse populations including LGBTQIA populations. Experience providing substance abuse/dependency counseling. Experience providing clinical supervision or mentorship preferred.
To apply, submit Resume and Letter of Interest to Clinical Supervisor, Kat Austin, LPC, LMFT,
LAC at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit applications by September 15, 2015.
All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check.
Colorado Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.