Organization: HomeCare & Hospice of the ValleyTitle: Occupational Therapist
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Western Slope
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Description: Occupational Therapist
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Therapy Supervisor
The Occupational Therapist (OT) at the request of the RN Case Manager (PCM) provides occupational therapy services to patients as ordered in the patients Plan of Care. The OT provides inservice education and consultation to the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG).
Quality Patient Care:
1. Perform assessment to determine function levels in Activities of Daily Living (ADL), time/activity, utilization.
2. Evaluates patients living arrangement to promote self-care, adapting equipment needs in ADL.
3. Implements occupational therapy treatments.
4. Instructs patient/family in use of special services and appliances.
5. Provides telephone report to the RN post visit.
6. Completes required visits within three (3) days of request.
7. Provides telephone report of RN within twenty four (24) hours of visit.
8. Documents visit according to policies and procedures.
9. Documents evaluation, diagnosis and recommendations given.
10. Provides inservice education to IDG as requested.
11. Attends IDG on request.
12. Maintains state required continuing education and licensing certification.
13. Participates in CQIP activities as requested.
14. Submits invoices for services provided monthly.
1. Current state registration.
2. Minimum of two (2) years experience, preferably some experience with patients with limited life expectancy.
3. Current professional liability insurance.
Contacts: Patients, families, volunteers, staff members, hospital/facility personnel, the general public and household pets.
Physical Demands: Physical exertion—walking, lifting, pulling, driving, step climbing, flex hours and travel.
Environmental Conditions: Exposed to infections, communicable diseases, odors, blood, excreta and hazardous materials.
Working Conditions: Periods of stress—variable workloads and deadlines. Light office work. Some evening work will be required. Exposed to terminally ill patients and their families.
Please visit our website www.HCHOTV.org to fill out and submit an application
Please send your completed application with your resume to Human Resources
Mail:ï¿½ HomeCare & Hospice of the Valley,ï¿½ PO Box 3768ï¿½ Basalt, COï¿½ 81621
HomeCare & Hospice of the Valley is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to non-discriminatory employment practices and patient services.
Benefits offered to our full-time employees are health insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401k. Part-time employees are eligible for paid time off and holiday pay.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.