Organization: Catholic CharitiesTitle: On-Call Shelter Staff (Greeley)
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Catholic Charities is looking for On-Call Shelter Staff for our homeless shelter in Greeley, CO.
Responsible for working the front desk and plays a key role in helping residents to have a successful stay at the Shelter by providing them support and resources. Acts in a responsible manner within the shelter rules to ensure the safety of persons and property at the shelter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
- Accurately and promptly completes all required documentation/data, including entering relevant resident information in daily logs before ending shift assignment.
- Maintains current knowledge of on-going events and residents by reading old logs
- Enforces shelter rules uniformly and consistently.
- Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations, such as mediating basic interpersonal problems between residents and summoning emergency personnel
- Strives to make volunteers and guests feel welcome.
- Communicates with other staff to resolve problems with individual residents.
- Completes necessary records and reports accurately and timely, including on the computer or manually, as directed.
- Distributes and inventories supplies.
- Conducts intake and orientation of new clients.
- Provides appropriate information and referrals.
- Keeps supervisor informed on shelter developments.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities’ vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees chores of residents assigned to area or as directed
- Good steward of Agency human, financial and capital resources
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Experience effectively working with people in crisis
- Ability to remain calm in stressful and/or emergency situations
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Basic knowledge of word processing and typing ability to enter resident information
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 6 months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is an on-call/part-time position.
Hours will vary based on business need.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Mission: As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver and inspired by God’s love and compassion, Catholic Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need.
Vision: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver will continue to anticipate and stimulate support for your services, provide those services effectively and faithfully and through our charitable ministry seek to influence the political, social and cultural environments in which we serve.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.