Organization: Catholic CharitiesTitle: On-Call Shelter Staff- Greeley
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Works at the front desk and plays a key role in helping residents to have a successful stay at the Shelter by providing them support and resources. Acts in a responsible manner within the shelter rules to ensure the safety of persons and property at the shelter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
• Accurately and promptly completes all required documentation/data, including entering relevant resident information in daily logs before ending shift assignment.
• Maintains current knowledge of on-going events and residents by reading old logs
• Enforces shelter rules uniformly and consistently.
• Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations, such as mediating basic interpersonal problems between residents and summoning emergency personnel
• Strives to make volunteers and guests feel welcome.
• Communicates with others staff to resolve problems with individual residents.
• Completes necessary records and reports, including on the computer or manually, as directed.
• Distributes and inventories supplies.
• Conducts in-take and orientation of new clients.
• Experience working with people in crisis
• Ability to remain calm in stressful and/or emergency situations
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Basic knowledge of word processing and typing ability to enter information
• Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
• Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 6 months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
To apply for this position, please visit www.ccdenver.org and click on “Careers”
or submit resume and cover letter by fax to 303-742-4431
Mission: As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver and inspired by God’s love and compassion, Catholic Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.