Organization: Community Sailing of ColoradoTitle: Program Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Community Sailing of Colorado, Denver/Boulder, Colorado
Community Sailing of Colorado (CSC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 1994 located in beautiful Denver, CO. We are an instructional sailing organization committed to providing public access to sailing for all through sailing camps or classes at the Cherry Creek and Boulder Reservoirs. We offer sailing camps and classes for Juniors, Adults and individuals with disabilities. We also host a variety of community, outreach and fundraising events throughout the year.
Full Time Program Director Job Description
CSC is seeking a Program Director to lead, develop and manage its sailing programs along with assisting in fundraising and organizational growth. The position is a year-round, full time position that will report to the Executive Director. This person is responsible for the following.
- Overseeing Sailing Programs including the hiring, supervision and managing of Sailing Instructors, Coaches and Junior Instructors
- Establishing a positive and safe learning environment for all participants
- Developing and/or revising curriculum as appropriate for all levels of sailors and insuring progress toward learning goals
- In conjunction with other staff, coach advanced sailing classes including Junior Race Team and other sailing classes/camps as appropriate,
- Overseeing preparation and day-to-day maintenance of sailing equipment and power boats
- Organize the attendance/supervision of local/regional regattas as a Team Coach
- Assist with the planning and execution of a variety of community/fundraising events throughout the season.
Candidates should be self-motivated who enjoys working within the sport of sailing. Promote a team environment that inspires instructors and students. They must have:
Experience organizing, managing and coordinating the daily activities of a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience managing a staff ranging in age from high school ages and older
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize responsibilities and take initiative
- Comfortable working under pressure, exercising strong problem-solving skills and willing to adapt to changing program needs
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Familiarity with basic computer systems, social network sites and online marketing
- Ability to create and implement policies and procedures
- Have a college education at Associate level or higher (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Current US Sailing Small Boat Instructor Level 1 Certification (could be attained in role)
- Able to pass necessary background checks
Commensurate with experience
Please submit resume and cover letter to Brandon Kass (email@example.com)
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.