Organization: Heart & Hand Center for Youth and Their FamiliesTitle: Program Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Heart & Hand Program Director
Heart & Hand is looking for a creative, organized, and compassionate Program Director who is dedicated to ensuring that all children have the opportunity to succeed.
The Heart & Hand Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of at risk youth and their families, in Northeast Denver. The Center runs programming for Kindergarten-12th grade youth, Monday-Friday, from 3:00-6:30pm during the school year, and full day summer programming from June-August. Additionally, we extend support to enrolled families by providing resources, referrals, and emergency assistance to guardians.
- Recruit, hire, lead, schedule and provide training and supervision of all staff, interns and volunteers of all youth related programs
- Implement human resource management practices to recruit, train, retain and terminate staff
- Supervise all program staff
- Ensure appropriate instructor and volunteer training is provided
- Maintain open communication lines among instructors, volunteers and participants
- Perform performance evaluations and develop professional development plans for the staff to ensure the program maintains a high level of quality
- Work with the program staff to develop an appropriate curriculum and plan activities that are consistent with the mission of the Heart & Hand Center
- Interface with, and cultivate relations with, professional and community partners
- Assist on the preparation of budgets for both the afterschool and summer programs; function within the budget parameters
- Consult with the Executive Director on a regular basis
- Aid in data collection for program evaluation and fundraising
Program Implementation and Infrastructure
- Oversee the daily operation of general Youth Programs including academics, health and wellness, social emotional skill building, and creative expression programming
- Design and schedule an enriching, educational and creative Children’s program for the established time period each day and remain on site for the entirety of the program
- Enhance policies, procedures and safety guidelines for all programs
- Evaluate programs and provide feedback as needed to workshop staff and volunteers
- Communicate program status with Executive Director on weekly basis
- Report and discuss monthly activity schedule with Executive Director
- Coordinate yearly program calendar
- Organize and maintain orderly program space, supplies and equipment
- Communicate vision and purpose of H&H programs to the families
- Handle initial assessments for intakes of families
- Act as an advocate for family member, child, or teen with school(s) or other agencies
- Assess needs for additional services and makes referrals when necessary
- Produce monthly program schedules and newsletters
- Facilitate parent meetings
- Interact within the community to develop and promote youth programs
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Perform other appropriate tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
- At least 1 year experience working in a leadership role with school aged children in a setting similar to an after school program
- At least 1 year experience managing and supervising a team of staff members
- Must demonstrate: a high level of organizational ability, the interpersonal skills to work with a variety of stakeholders, a passion for youth development
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Employment is contingent on a criminal background check.
This is full-time position, Monday-Friday from 11:00am-7:00pm during the school year and 8:00am-4pm during the summer.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.