Organization: Veterans Helping Veterans NowTitle: Program Director
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Veterans Helping Veterans Now (VHVN) is a nonprofit located in scenic Longmont, Colorado and dedicated to reaching out and helping Veterans reengage into society. VHVN offers free services to Veterans, including group therapy, massage therapy, legal assistance, transportation, workshops and forums, a drop-in center with a safe zone to meet, a full kitchen and shower, computer access and tailored one-on-one services and referrals. Our programs are supported and managed by a dedicated staff and operated by over 180 amazing volunteers.
VHVN is seeking an outgoing, organized and passionate individual as the full-time Program Director. The Program Director is responsible for management, coordination and compliance of day-to-day operations, programs and volunteers that currently serve over 650 Veterans. The position reports to the Executive Director and will oversee programs such as:
· Operations: Develop processes, ensure or locate funding and manage resources for support of all operational programs. Coordinates with the Executive Director and Development Director for strategic goals setting and program development.
· VISTA Program Supervisor: Supervise and manage goals, priorities and performance of AmeriCorps VISTA Program, including time sheets, training, evaluations and reports.
· Volunteer Coordination: Recruit, train, schedule and coordinate our volunteer force.
· Transportation Program: Manage volunteers and schedule rides for Veterans to medical and required appointments, including reimbursement and management of drivers.
· Therapy: Recruit and manage contracts for private therapists who run group therapy sessions, coordinate facility support for session locations and manages procedures and database to ensure privacy and limited impediment to obtaining help.
· Additional Programs: Coordinate volunteers, manage contracts, conduct publicity and develop processes for VHVN services, including legal assistance, jail visitation, peer support, referrals, workshops, social events and massage therapy sessions. Responsible for managing contracts for IT support, office supplies and utilities.
· Reports and Surveys: Compile and draft operational reports for all programs for compliance, funding and managerial oversight purposes, including monthly and annual reports as well as required surveys.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Highly organized, analytical and able to link operations with the strategic vision of VHVN
· Proficient in using software to create, draft and format spreadsheets and documents
· Able to professionally evaluate a client’s needs and quickly identify support options
· Ability to manage and concurrently resolve multiple priorities and tasks
· Familiarity with using and securing database records and information
· Creative thinker able to effectively anticipate and implement critical changes to services
· Professional and nonjudgmental attitude within a sensitive atmosphere
· Program Management experience (both life cycle and resource management)
· Experience with volunteers or teams of volunteers
· Experience with social services clients or supporting Veterans
· Excellent computer and writing skills
· Easy-going yet responsible nature
Salary is $40,000 commensurate on skills, qualifications and experience. In conjunction with the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center, VHVN offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, vacation and sick leave and 401(k) matching after a year of employement.
Veterans Helping Veterans is a project of the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (CNDC) and all employees are CNDC employees. CNDC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. CNDC prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age 40 and over, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers, and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume with “Application for Program Director” in the title to email@example.com no later than April 24, 2015. For more information about the organization, visit www.vhvnow.org. No phone calls please.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.