Organization: Colorado Nonprofit Development CenterTitle: Receptionist
Categories: Nonprofit Jobs
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: 501(c)(3)
Title: Receptionist Supervisor: Vice President
GENERAL: The Colorado Nonprofit Development Center is dedicated to fostering a healthy and vibrant nonprofit sector in Colorado by enhancing the effective and efficient use of community resources. We have two programs: (1) Fiscal Sponsorship – we provide comprehensive fiscal sponsor services to emerging and transitioning charitable groups (“Projects”) and (2) Nonprofit Support Services – we provide accounting and financial management services and support for existing 501(c)(3) organizations. We provide service and support to nearly 100 charitable groups– those groups serve Coloradans in areas as varied as education, human services, and public health.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Receptionist answers the phones, responds to emails, and assists the executive staff with general office functions for the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center.
· Answer phones on multi-line phone system
· Direct calls to appropriate person; screen calls as appropriate
· Respond to email inquiries from Projects in a timely manner
· Schedule meeting rooms for Projects
· Schedule meetings on all shared calendars
· Check fax log daily and distribute to appropriate persons
· Keep work areas and conference room neat and clean
· Order coffee, tea, and snacks
· Set up accounts payable files, scan project documents, and file accounting documents according to accounting procedures
· Type general correspondences or other material as requested
· Call for equipment repair
· Maintain equipment check out to Projects
· Provide assistance to other staff and help with special projects as needed
OTHER DUTIES REQUIRED OF ALL STAFF
· Actively participate and engage as a part of CNDC’s staff
· Provide back-up for other staff as needed
· Respond to Project needs and requests for information
· Adhere to all policies and procedures of CNDC
· Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and appearance appropriately acting as a “role model” both at and away from CNDC
· Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times; act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of CNDC business
· Actively strive to create and maintain an inclusive and appropriate environment through communication and interaction that demonstrates respect for diversity
· Maintain a creative, team-building approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem solving orientation to all tasks
· Perform all tasks and responsibilities with attention to details and in a complete and timely manner, complying with CNDC policies and standards and conforming to the scheduling requirements of the job and program
· Actively seek training, experience and information to remain current and to grow skills and knowledge in field of work
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
· At least one year of experience or training
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with interruptions in a busy office environment
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow established filing procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff, as well as funders, vendors, and clients, both verbally and in writing
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Must be able to operate basic office equipment, such as copiers, scanners, postage machines, and phone systems
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an assistant position
· Associate’s degree or higher
· Bi-lingual in English and another language, preferably Spanish
· Prior experience in nonprofit sector
· Prior experience using Google calendars
· Prior experience handling cash transactions
POSITION TYPE/WORK SCHEDULE: This is a temporary part-time, 20 hour/week, non-exempt position. The anticipated schedule is 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday for 2 to 3 months.
COMPENSATION: $12.00 to $13.00 an hour depending on experiences
CNDC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. CNDC prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age 40 and over, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers, and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.
For more information on CNDC, please visit www.cndc.org.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Colorado Nonprofit Development Center
To avoid junk mail issues, please write Receptionist in the subject line.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.