Organization: Colorado Juvenile Defender CoalitionTitle: Social Media Intern
Location: Denver Metro Area
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
The Colorado Juvenile Defender Coalition (CJDC) is seeking interns to promote our organization and message through social media and creative media platforms. This internship is unpaid.
The Colorado Juvenile Coalition is a Denver-based organization that works with youth, families, and lawyers to advocate for the rights and treatment of children and youth in the juvenile justice system through public advocacy, community organizing, non-partisan research, direct representation, and policy development.
Duties would include:
· Maintaining CJDC’s Facebook and Twitter accounts;
· Writing and posting updates and tweets about CJDC and other news related to juvenile defense in Colorado;
· Drafting CJDC Newsletter using an online program;
· Researching other social media platforms and apps that would help promote CJDC;
· Finding and implementing creative ways to identify users to follow/like/share CJDC on social platforms;
· Assisting with various other projects related to communications and social media.
Candidates must have some experience in communications, marketing, and/or social media outreach. Candidates must be familiar with social media outlets to include at a minimum Facebook and Twitter. Ideal candidates will be creative, have good communication and writing skills, and be able to brainstorm, research, and implement new ideas. Experience in website design and maintenance is not required but is a plus. Formerly justice-involved youth are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also inquire about the position or with questions at 303-825-0194.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.