Organization: Colorado HealthOPTitle: Social Media Intern
Region: Denver Metro Area
Org Type: Start-up nonprofit
Our Marketing Department is seeking a motivated, self-starter/driven intern for a paid position to help with our social media and member communications. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world marketing experience while working for a growing nonprofit organization.
We’re looking for a college student with an interest in digital marketing communications focused on social media, blogging, and integrated approaches including print, TV, radio, public relations, etc. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a desire to serve others and deliver high-quality work while having fun in a fast-paced work setting!
The Social Media Intern will use Colorado HealthOP social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) and the Colorado HealthOP blog to support new and existing efforts. Working in collaboration with the marketing team, this position will help to improve brand awareness, engage consumers, and educate Coloradans about Colorado HealthOP health insurance benefits and our non-profit cooperative structure. The Social Media Intern will also create organic social media opportunities through attending Colorado HealthOP events, capturing images, hash-tagging, and crafting social messages in real time to post online.
MAIN OBJECTIVES & OUTCOMES:
- Draft and schedule social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- Coordinate with other departments to attend CO-OP events, support with live tweets and shared pictures/videos.
- Monitor and escalate customer-related social posts with guidance from the Social Media & Digital Strategist and in cooperation with our customer service department.
- Enter all social media feedback (accolades, complaints, comments) into our tracking database.
- Gather social media metrics and contribute to a monthly report to help assess the results of our digital efforts.
SUMMER INTERNS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend the Colorado HealthOP Internship Orientation
- Create and publish a minimum of 3 blog postings with 6 photos during the internship period
- Prepare internship portfolio
- Present projects to Colorado HealthOP staff
Please send cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Allison Zerby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a posting on Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Career Center.