How do I move my 501c3 from another state to Colorado?


This organization would be recognized as a foreign entity in Colorado by the Secretary of State. This is  the easiest way to move your organization, other wise an organization does have the option to dissolve their organization in the original state and start brand new in Colorado. A foreign entity is defined as  an organization that is formed outside of Colorado that wishes to conduct business within Colorado. Here is a list of FAQ’s regarding foreign entities from the Secretary of State’s website. This page also includes the appropriate directions on how to file as a foreign entity.

You will also need